• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Has anyone bought from NeatStuffCollectibles on Ebay?

52 posts in this topic

I was just wondering if anyone has bought any comics from this name because I bought 2 comics from them on December 15th....and today is January 25th....and I still havent recieved the books. I mean its about a month and a half....anyone have a problem with something like this before? I've emailed him and he apologizes and is nice about it, but it just seems like this is taking way too long......and I just bought 3 more off him about a week ago(not too smart but i wanted the books). 893blahblah.gif

When this happens to me, I send them an e-mail to tell them I'm going to be forced to file an e-bay fraud report within the next 2 weeks. Last time I checked this--which was over a year ago--E-Bay doesn't let you file the claim to get a refund from them if the auction completed more than 2 months ago. So if that's still true, you've got under 3 weeks to get the claim in.

When this happens to me, I send them an e-mail to tell them I'm going to be forced to file an e-bay fraud report within the next 2 weeks. Last time I checked this--which was over a year ago--E-Bay doesn't let you file the claim to get a refund from them if the auction completed more than 2 months ago. So if that's still true, you've got under 3 weeks to get the claim in.

Actually here's the rules.

You can only file a Paypal fraud report before 30 days after the auction.

Once it hits 30 days, you're SOL with Paypal.

You can file eBay's *BS* fraud protection AFTER 30 days and no more than 90 days after auction end.

eBay's fraud protection works, but they only protect you UP TO $200.

AND they charge you a flat rate of $25 for doing it no matter how much it is.

AND they will only refund you the final auction price minus $25.

So the extra $15 you overpaid for the shipping you'll never see again.

For eBay to be such a wonderful thing, they sure get away with a lot of BS.

893frustrated.gif

I buy alot from NSC and have never had a problem. I do know though that they are the largest comic book dealer on eBay, so if what you ordered from them was inexpensive ($10 or less) maybe it just slipped under their radar... I believe they routinely have between 3,000 and 10,000 auctions going on at any given time under their three names, and I think they only have 4 or 5 people that work there. My advice would be to keep on them if they aren't getting the book out in a reasonable amount of time but at the same time to be patient because they aren't going to rob you or anything like that.

You can file eBay's *BS* fraud protection AFTER 30 days and no more than 90 days after auction end.

eBay's fraud protection works, but they only protect you UP TO $200.

Whoa, 90 days is longer than it was last time I had to do it.

Supposedly E-Bay's fraud protection is up to $500 now. It was $200 up until about 6 months ago; can't remember where I saw that news item but I think they sent e-mails out to everybody advertising it.

What good is PayPal's "protection"? Do they really have any? I thought they just relayed your problem to your credit card company since they already offer fraud protection up to about $3000 per year.

Oh, I talk to them in emails and I dont think they are trying to run away with my money, I just wanted to know if this is a usual thing with them because they do have some really nice books and I plan on buying from them in the future, but not if it takes this long......

And the books I bought were $30-$60 so I would like to recieve them..... tongue.gif

I've bought from them twice and swore never to do so again. They are NOTORIOUSLY slow for shipping, but you do eventually get your item plus a lot of excuses. One time, after waiting for over a month for a couple of CGC books, they informed me that they were robbed and my books were stolen and therefore, I would be receiving a refund. The auction ended in early January and I didn't get my refund until the end of March.

When they first started off they were among the best.

Now they are slow and the grading has slipped.

Check scans very carefully.

They run too many auctions at once to keep track of I think. crazy.gif

And here I thought I was slow to ship...

Guess I have a new target to shoot for... tongue.gif

Nooooooooooooooooooooo................! ooo.gif

I want my USM! sign-rantpost.gif

And here I thought I was slow to ship...

Guess I have a new target to shoot for... tongue.gif

Nooooooooooooooooooooo................! ooo.gif

I want my USM! sign-rantpost.gif

Yours shipped out yesterday...

Dork... tongue.gif

I thought it was reading all those romance books that ruined him. gossip.gif

Nah, that's what gives him hope... that somewhere, out there, is a boy who will love him for who he is... cloud9.gif

sign-offtopic.gif Don't you ever sleep? 893naughty-thumb.gif

I had three books from an ebay auction. Recieved emails syaing they were shipped on such and such a date. Recieved nothing a week or so later and received another automated email saying they were shipped on such and such a date. Then recieved a personalized email after anoother complint to them About 3 or 4 weeks went by and got one of the three books with a check for the other two because the other two were "damaged in the warehouse". Their explanation? "Oh, our emails are automated so they may not be accurate." Never again.