• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Besides Batman Who is the Greatest Power-Less Superhero? - Poll added

191 posts in this topic

If you are asking about mere mortals who are powerless without special equipment then I have to go with Iron Man.

Doesn't Tony have some kind of nanites in his blood now that allow him to control other machines via "psychic" link or some other such BS - thus disqualifying him??

When did this happen??

I don't follow the book, but in his appearance/capture/torture in WWH it was mentioned - in fact, I believe it was this control which turned on the satellite beam that engulfed Hulk and that loser Sentry and ended the story.

I was disappointed, both in the ending and Stark's new "abilities"...

Looks like this was just temporary:

For a time, due to an artificial nervous system installed after he suffered extensive damage to his nervous system, Stark had superhumanly acute sensory perceptions as well as extraordinary awareness of the physical processes within his own body.

After being critically injured during a battle with the Extremis-enhanced Mallen, Stark injects his nervous system with a modified techno-organic virus (the Extremis process) that not only saves his life, it gives him the ability to store the inner layers of the durable Iron Man armor in the hollows of his bones as well as control it through direct brain impulses. Stark can control the layer of the armor underneath his skin and make it emerge from numerous exit points around his limbs as a gold-colored neural interface under-sheath. While in this form, Stark has technopathic control of the armor and can suit up at any time, calling the larger components to him. Furthermore, the Extremis process has increased his body's recuperative and healing abilities. He is also able to connect remotely to external communications systems such as satellites, cellular phones, and computers throughout the world. Because the armor's operating system is now directly connected to Stark's nervous system, its response time has been significantly improved. After the Skrull virus infected him during Secret Invasion, the Extremis effect was catastrophically purged from his body, and because of this he no longer has these powers.

Green Lantern

C'mon now. meh

I guess technically the Green Lantern when he's not wearing the ring doesn't have powers and technically the ring is just technology like Iron Man's armor, but I just can't think of GL as not having superpowers.

Green Lantern

C'mon now. meh

I guess technically the Green Lantern when he's not wearing the ring doesn't have powers and technically the ring is just technology like Iron Man's armor, but I just can't think of GL as not having superpowers.

If we count Iron Man then we count Green Lantern.

The rings is as much a weapon as the armor.

Besides without the armour GL is still a trained ex soldier

Batman has the utility belt and all those other wonderful toys

Point.

My point was, If you are including Batman, as the orignal question did, then we have to include other forms of mechanical based super heroes such as Iron man.

Neither have super powers but both can do stuff that is beyond the average joe due to their money and mental ability to develop great tools for there job (thumbs u

I meant, you got a point. You don't read Preacher do ya? :kidaround:

Sorry :foryou:

Green Lantern

C'mon now. meh

If that's the case, then why not count Thor back when he had alter ego Donald Blake? Without the hammer, he's just a mortal.

Point.

My point was, If you are including Batman, as the orignal question did, then we have to include other forms of mechanical based super heroes such as Iron man.

Neither have super powers but both can do stuff that is beyond the average joe due to their money and mental ability to develop great tools for there job (thumbs u

Oh come on, Bruce Wayne would kick the mess out of Tony Stark in a scrap. Wayne spent years mastering all sorts of martial arts and other fighting forms, meditation, detective skills and so on. Stark spent the same amount of time getting pissed up.

Batman is still Batman without his toys. Iron Man without the armour is a drunk. You can't compare the two.

Green Lantern

C'mon now. meh

If that's the case, then why not count Thor back when he had alter ego Donald Blake? Without the hammer, he's just a mortal.

Thor don't count

Donald Blake is not the same person as Thor

I could take Donald Blake in a fight.

Besides Batman, who are the greatest power-less superheroes? I guess the next two in line for me are Iron Man and Sgt. Fury.

I don't know about "greatest", but my vote goes to Ted Grant/Wildcat. Just a badazz bare-knuckle boxer who holds his own.

4097_art.jpgjsaclassified36.jpg

Point.

Oh come on, Bruce Wayne would kick the mess out of Tony Stark in a scrap. Wayne spent years mastering all sorts of martial arts and other fighting forms, meditation, detective skills and so on. Stark spent the same amount of time getting pissed up.

Batman is still Batman without his toys. Iron Man without the armour is a drunk. You can't compare the two.

I'm pretty sure Bruce Wayne could also kick the out of any version of GL if GL wasn't wearing the ring.

That's why it's a given that Batman is THE greatest power-less superhero.