• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

VA Con report

3 posts in this topic

well i haven't done one of these yet so i guess nows the time... i apologize for forgetting names... but i'll note it as i go along lol ...anyways here goes... my son and i drove in friday night and got up and went to the show Sat morning.

PB220111.jpg

It was set up well, the comic room was wall to wall books and the artist room was the same... not sure where to start i went and introduced myself to Capt_comics who was very nice and from there over to CGC to meet Joe, William and one other board member (sorry dude i cannot remember your name)...

PB220098.jpg

these guys did a great job... i spend the whole time running back and forth to see them and get them lol ... not being much of a GA guy... to me it seemed there were a lot of really nice books on display... SA as well... had some books cracked out to be signed by Claremont... headed out to see the artists... it amazes me how nice these guys are... i had a few MP books done... but i'll start with one that was done by a girl named Brittani Sadler that was at a dealer booth doodleing... my son grabbed me and told me this girl could draw and wanted a book done... here it is...

Brittani Sadler

PB220120.jpg

Dan Parent

PB220119.jpg

Brian Shearer

PB220124.jpg

Randy Green

PB210096.jpg

Budd Root (praying that i edited the pic right lol )

PB220125.jpg

Kevin Sharpe

PB220127.jpg

Louis Small

PB230130.jpg

Billy Tucci

PB220118.jpg

spend the day digging in boxes... without a lot of focus... i started trying to find a HG x-men #94 ...but really didn't find one i wanted. That night Brett had set up for bowling across the street... not really my cup of tea but my son wanted to go so we did... we had a great time!... most of the artists ended up over there... Claremont was bowling in the lane beside us... ended up with...

PB220115.jpg

...can't remember his name, chuck dixon, alex saviuk and not picture billy tucci and his friend and dan nokes, smalls... it was a good time... bowling... beer...bowling... beer and more beer... fun was had by all...

PB220116.jpg

...the next day finished picking up books and trying to get gone... i want to say again it was a pleasure speaking with most of the artist... budd root was freaking funny... i spoke with most of them and should have gotten more sketches... hind-site being 20/20... i also picked up some other blank covers... saw no fallen sons, but i did get an Incredibles, a couple Wanted (man with no name) and a Lone Ranger... over all we had a great time...thanks to everyone out there and again i appologize if i didn't mention you.... thanks again~ Jesse