• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jay Company Comics - No Response

104 posts in this topic

I was made aware of newer postings in this thread.

While I do not handle the day to day operations of shipping, I will personally handle any outstanding order issues.

Please email me directly at jimmyjay39@aol.com for a speedy response as I my not be regularly checking all various board activity.

thanks!

In an effort to keep the Event Thread clean and keep all the information in one spot, I'm posting the prior posts here.

Jay Company Comics has given a contact email address for all boardies with transactional issues. jimmyjay39@aol.com

Since so much time has elapsed, and since these boardies are probably not checking the board on a regular basis, it's probably best if we keep this thread on the first page of CG until these issues are resolved.

Hi Jimmy!

Could you please address the outstanding issues you have with various board members, since you're reading this thread?

It would be much appreciated.

If you're not aware, here's the info:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=6402652&fpart=2

Thank you!

Wow!

Those complaints go back years! They haven't been addressed?

Are those folks all still waiting for refunds or books?

Sounds like it to me. Time for :popcorn:

Amazing.

Just reading through RMA's link shows 5 people owed substantial amounts of money or books over extremely long periods of time without resolution.

LoneTree

Billy the Kidd

JFW3

Kernel

vhunter

All communication appears to be ignored. Yet Jay Company Comics continues to advertise on this message board.

Posted in that thread, thanks for the heads up.

Any issues with JayCo web orders are completely unrelated to conventions and promotions. With that said, if people email me off group with specific issues, I will personally see them resolved. Much appreciated!

Posted in that thread, thanks for the heads up.

Any issues with JayCo web orders are completely unrelated to conventions and promotions. With that said, if people email me off group with specific issues, I will personally see them resolved. Much appreciated!

You mean your brother Bill handles complaints?

Come on, don't act like you're Time-Warner instead of a couple of guys running a comic business.

These transactional issues have been ignored for years, I think you need to do more than just offer up another email address. What happened to the prior communications? Why weren't they responded to?

I appreciate the sudden interest in resolving these issues, but you need to be proactive at this point. Treating customers like this is unacceptable.

Let's not muddle the thread here.

I live in LA, Bill lives in San Diego, where the books are warehoused.

It was my understanding that with several thousand packages shipped in a number of years that some issues may come up. If parties haven't been addressed- my email is open, and I will be ore than happy to handle each individually, not publicly.

Let's keep this thread about the convention please.

Let's not muddle the thread here.

I live in LA, Bill lives in San Diego, where the books are warehoused.

It was my understanding that with several thousand packages shipped in a number of years that some issues may come up. If parties haven't been addressed- my email is open, and I will be ore than happy to handle each individually, not publicly.

Let's keep this thread about the convention please.

The problem, of course, is that people have tried to approach you for years...let me say that again...years...through e-mail channels, and have been ignored.

It is "Jay Company", and last time I checked, you were Jimmy Jay.

And the "with several thousand packages shipped in a number of years" is just an excuse, the same as "this problem has NEVER happened before." It doesn't hold any water with the people who's money your company, that your name is on, took, and haven't resolved in many years, through many attempts. Yes, some issues come up. But taking years to resolve those issues, and being impossible to communicate with in the duration, is utterly unacceptable.

This is...quite literally...the first response some have ever gotten from multiple, multiple attempts at communication. Do not be surprised, then, that it took a little "thread muddling" to get it done. In case I'm unclear, let me spell it out: it was your company's utter lack of responsibility for these issues that made "muddling this thread" the option of last resort. Had they been resolved appropriately, this wouldn't have been necessary.

Let's hope it does finally resolve things. The next stop is the probation list.

PS. I think it would be better if YOU, Jimmy Jay, reach out to those people so named in that thread, instead of waiting for THEM to reach out to YOU.

You owe them that much.

Point taken.

PM for my personal cell phone and if you have a problem, let's resolve this right now. thanks!

The problem with "moving" all of this here is that I doubt Jimmy Jay...or anyone from Jay Company...will do anything, now that their direct interest in the other thread has been removed.

Jimmy did nothing to resolve this except make another promise (heard that before) and provide another e-mail address (done that before.)

If I were in that position, I'd be falling all over myself making apologies for such hideous, atrocious behavior, not making excuses about how "things get lost in the volume" when those issues have been consciously ignored by whomever it is supposed to be on the other side of whatever for YEARS.

It's shameful, but Jimmy Jay's response is not "guys, I'm so sorry...I will contact each person on that list personally through PMs, and I will make the effort to reach out to them."

No, it was "hey, if you get in touch with me, I'll try and resolve it. Things fall through the cracks! I don't run the operations!"

:eyeroll:

How is this ANY different from ComicSupply?

So, instead of posting in any convention promotion threads, to not "muddle them up", I will just post a link back to this thread every so often.

The problem with "moving" all of this here is that I doubt Jimmy Jay...or anyone from Jay Company...will do anything, now that their direct interest in the other thread has been removed.

Jimmy did nothing to resolve this except make another promise (heard that before) and provide another e-mail address (done that before.)

If I were in that position, I'd be falling all over myself making apologies for such hideous, atrocious behavior, not making excuses about how "things get lost in the volume" when those issues have been consciously ignored by whomever it is supposed to be on the other side of whatever for YEARS.

It's shameful, but Jimmy Jay's response is not "guys, I'm so sorry...I will contact each person on that list personally through PMs, and I will make the effort to reach out to them."

No, it was "hey, if you get in touch with me, I'll try and resolve it. Things fall through the cracks! I don't run the operations!"

So, instead of posting in any convention promotion threads, to not "muddle them up", I will just post a link back to this thread every so often.

Did you PM him for his cell, and if so did you talk to him?

Did you PM him for his cell, and if so did you talk to him?

I already have his cell. ;)

I'm not one of the people who listed a problem in this thread.

As stated, I am of the opinion that, at this point, it is Jimmy who should be doing the reaching out, not the other way around.

I was rather facetiously repeating Jimmy's prior response. Believe me, I'm not concerned with negative publicity for Jay Comics in the Events thread. If they choose to advertise there after ignoring these issues for all these years, then that's their problem.

I'm more concerned with keeping all the information in one place, and keeping it visible to the injured parties. Given the blatant disregard to these issues, there are probably numerous others who need to see this information.

I've never seen a dealer respond like this. Usually when a problem hits the boards, the dealer jumps at the chance to correct the problem as quickly as possible; researching the issues, contacting the parties involved, identifying systemic problems and correcting them. These guys point fingers at one another and give out an email address. :screwy:

I also agree with prodigy44, it's probably time to put them in the HOS. This is getting ridiculous.

I was rather facetiously repeating Jimmy's prior response. Believe me, I'm not concerned with negative publicity for Jay Comics in the Events thread. If they choose to advertise there after ignoring these issues for all these years, then that's their problem.

I'm more concerned with keeping all the information in one place, and keeping it visible to the injured parties. Given the blatant disregard to these issues, there are probably numerous others who need to see this information.

This is solid reasoning.

I have posted in this thread.

I have PM'd a number of people who have stated that have an issue.

I can resolve the situations immediately.

so far I have not received any email.

any PM. Or any personal calls.

I actively encourage people to who have any issues to contact me, so we can resolve them. I believe ultimately that is the core of matter.

Once people come forward with specific cases that aren't resolved can we all can move forward.

Sincerely-

Jimmy S. Jay

Not everyone visits these boards every day, so you'll have to be patient for them to respond, if you sent them PMs. Posting in this thread is fine, but again, not everyone visits the boards every day.

If you're not aware, you can see if they have read the PM at the bottom of it.

I have posted in this thread.

I have PM'd a number of people who have stated that have an issue.

I can resolve the situations immediately.

so far I have not received any email.

any PM. Or any personal calls.

I actively encourage people to who have any issues to contact me, so we can resolve them. I believe ultimately that is the core of matter.

Once people come forward with specific cases that aren't resolved can we all can move forward.

Sincerely-

Jimmy S. Jay

Jimmy, PM Sent,

Brian