• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ads and back covers

10 posts in this topic

I came across this ad recently and thought it was pretty cool. I mean what kid wouldn't want a real Air Force pilots cap? As long as the pilot lived that is......

This is from a 1948 issue of Jingle Jangle and I imagine there was lots of army surplus stuff going around then.

adjinglejangle37copy.jpg

Heres one for the ladies......from a 1964 Betty and Veronica book.

Archies_0002.jpg

and heres one that seems to have 20 different variations, from the name of the guy, to what actually happens to him. Joe....Bob....Mac....sand kicking....etc. I'm thinkin Charles Atlas made some coin during his day......

Chumpintochamp.jpg

I always loved the ad for the foot locker of army men. Yeah, turned out to be a cheap azz cardboard box and the plastic army men were flat molded. lol

I think Greggy scored a real set of those with the box. He posted a pic of it maybe 6 - 8 months ago....

I always kinda liked these types. Army men....Roman Soldiers.....Space Men. Thats a pretty good drawing there. Sorta reminds me of Russ Heath

IMG_0001.jpg