• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Do SIGNATURES hurt the book?

124 posts in this topic

The CGC SS signature bothers me. By connecting it to the spear tip, Frazetta has changed his original composition. He incorporated his original signature into the art for a reason. This new signature unbalances the compostion.

With that said, it's a beautifully done signature, and if you're happy with it: cool. I would have had him sign on the inside.

Ok, thanks, but how would me or anyone ever see this terrific signature if it were inside the book hm

In much the same way one would view the terrific Frazetta artwork that graces the interior of that book. For me, knowing that it's there would be enough. As Sal would say: YMMV.

I actually bought the reprint of it for this :gossip:

The CGC SS signature bothers me. By connecting it to the spear tip, Frazetta has changed his original composition. He incorporated his original signature into the art for a reason. This new signature unbalances the compostion.

With that said, it's a beautifully done signature, and if you're happy with it: cool. I would have had him sign on the inside.

Ok, thanks, but how would me or anyone ever see this terrific signature if it were inside the book hm

In much the same way one would view the terrific Frazetta artwork that graces the interior of that book. For me, knowing that it's there would be enough. As Sal would say: YMMV.

I actually bought the reprint of it for this :gossip:

Right on. (thumbs u

I want to have some of my books signed, but Does the ''INK'' hurt the book overtime? and is it better to sign the book on the cover or the first page?

They add value for people who like it.

Detract value for people who don't like it.

Beyond that, there is no such thing as whole category of collectible (signed, unsigned, slabbed, unslabbed, restored, unrestored, etc) that is not an investment. Just some people who think it so.

Where does selling books with undisclosed restoration fall? Certainly not an investment for your the poor buyer.

A Dave Sim File Copy signed unobtrusively by Dave Sim (whose signature on a yellow label is fairly rare as it is) looks perfect to me. You seem to be one of the few not enjoying it. :)

Dave probably did not know it was a 9.9 when he signed it

But I hate it when collectors deliberately take the single highest grading copy of a book, take it out of the slab, have it signed, and then slab it again

It ruins the best copy in existance for all future generations of collectors

Just making sure everyone understands this...

The Dave Sim File Copy was Dave Sim's book, raw...

He decided to get them signed and CGC SS with the label noting it was a Sim File Copy. At no time was the book slabbed and then cracked to obtain his signature...

just an FYI for all those reading this thread...

carry on...

Thought we had already established this.

I agree that the book is ruined forever for signature haters. For the other 99%... :insane: