• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thanks To You Boardies who helped out!!

10 posts in this topic

Wanted to give a shout out to all the board members who helped in my support of a family for Christmas. Given the purchases and donations made, I finally came up with over $1000 for the family whose dad decided to bug out and leave them to fend on their own. The story is over in my sales ad in Mixed Books.

Even more big help came in the sales of the Gerber guides (sorry, diamond finally fixed the error on this). I am still mailing a couple of things I had to find boxes for but you guys have rocked someones Christmas and the mom is very thankful as there would have been very little or no help for them. They are too proud to have sought out any formal help and they didn't ask me.

Again, thanks and have a Happy Thanksgiving! Hope this causes a smile in your day as you caused one in someone elses!

Even though my family didn't celebrate Christmas the way most North Americans traditionally do, I have a fond memory. My dad was out of work in 1980 or so and it was a tough time for most people as the recession was setting in. At the age of 10 I was the oldest of 7 kids. I remember a large box full of toys being delivered by strangers at Christmas. Somebody out there made sure it happened. Thanks for taking the time to do this Dave!

:cloud9:

Wanted to give a shout out to all the board members who helped in my support of a family for Christmas. Given the purchases and donations made, I finally came up with over $1000 for the family whose dad decided to bug out and leave them to fend on their own. The story is over in my sales ad in Mixed Books.

Even more big help came in the sales of the Gerber guides (sorry, diamond finally fixed the error on this). I am still mailing a couple of things I had to find boxes for but you guys have rocked someones Christmas and the mom is very thankful as there would have been very little or no help for them. They are too proud to have sought out any formal help and they didn't ask me.

Again, thanks and have a Happy Thanksgiving! Hope this causes a smile in your day as you caused one in someone elses!

We need more guys like YOU who actually take the initiative to help someone out like this. Major kudos to moonlite! (worship)

:gossip: And if you ever need help like this again just say the word.