• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Closed

26 posts in this topic

I have. It was fine. Back in 2005 or so. What's the issue?

I purchased a Conan #23 in VF condition from them about a month ago, only to find it had been trimmed on the bottom edge. (very obvious). I wrote back to them and they went out of their way to accomodate me, took the return and sent me a full refund including my shipping. I was bascially just out the cost of my return shipping. They even offered me free shipping on my next purchase and said they would check the books more carefully from now on.

Well, today I happened upon the same book listed in a current auction from them; no trimming disclosed.

Not surprising.

When 80-90% of customers don't complain with legitimate issues, sellers figure the truth is not worth their time or money.

If I had a dollar for all the "You're the ONLY customer who has EVER complained about [insert issue here]" I'd be rich.

The smart ones just say "oh, let me fix that for you, mea culpa, mea culpa"....and sell to someone else. When they have an 80-90% chance of getting someone who doesn't know, or doesn't care, why not?

And the "I won't buy from them anymore" clearly doesn't hurt any seller.

Robojo33.

If I were in your shoes Matt I'd feel inclined to mail him asking what he though about the possibility of the book being trimmed. At least then he'd know it's not going unnoticed, and you haven't worded it badly either.

Has anyone delt with Ebay Seller njpower2000? Are they a member here on the boards by any chance?

That's Bill Hughes. He's a straight shooter. One of the best dealers in the hobby (thumbs u Bill's not on the the boards...

He does have 100% (+) feedback on eBay :cool:

You know, I really have to wonder....

For someone to trim a book, unless they're practicing, there would have to be some financial incentive. Yes, we all recognize that any book CAN be trimmed...the real question is, why? Trimming, after all, ain't the easiest thing in the world to do.

A Fine+ Conan #23 is worth maybe $10 or so FMV. What's the incentive to trim it?

It looks like it COULD have been trimmed, but it also could have been cut weird at the factory.

It's hard to tell without having the book in hand. I'd want to see it in comparison to other #23s I have.

On the other hand, that centering is gorgeous.

How much did you win the book for Matt? I have no idea of FMV on Conans whatsoever.

I'm pretty sure it was $17.00 for the book, $4-something for S&H. Not big money to be sure, but I guess it's the principle here. (It's first Red Sonja).

That's why I was wondering why he wouldn't disclose the trimming for a book that's not particularly going to fetch him huge amount of money.