• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Closed

26 posts in this topic

You know, I really have to wonder....

For someone to trim a book, unless they're practicing, there would have to be some financial incentive. Yes, we all recognize that any book CAN be trimmed...the real question is, why? Trimming, after all, ain't the easiest thing in the world to do.

A Fine+ Conan #23 is worth maybe $10 or so FMV. What's the incentive to trim it?

It looks like it COULD have been trimmed, but it also could have been cut weird at the factory.

It's hard to tell without having the book in hand. I'd want to see it in comparison to other #23s I have.

On the other hand, that centering is gorgeous.

Hi Everybody.....

Happy late Thanksgiving to all!!!

I am on the on the phone as we speak with Bill Hughes owner of NJPOWER2000 as he called me to wish me a happy birthday. Bill acknowlegdes the return of the 1st Conan that was sold to you, he also said that you are probablly correct about the trimming as well . Bill has an inventory of well over 500,000 comics and stated the Conan #23 that is currently listed is from a another collection and is absoulutely not the same comic book . I have known Bill 15 years and know that he is 100% honest and fair in all dealings . This should put this issue to rest, just a case of mistakin Conan identity

Best,

Frankenstein

Has anyone delt with Ebay Seller njpower2000? Are they a member here on the boards by any chance?

That's Bill Hughes. He's a straight shooter. One of the best dealers in the hobby (thumbs u Bill's not on the the boards...

Is Frank his help or partner? He's the one who's written to me in the past about the book.

I think Frank is a helper who posts eBay items, returns emails, and ships books.