• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HBD Dr Watson

107 posts in this topic

Happy Belated Birthday, corn pone.

Tater Tot :gossip:

I find it both interesting and terrifying that the two of you describe me as something that's edible. :eek:

From the "corn pone" Wiki entry, which also has Flee's animation of Watson as greggy

"The term "corn pone" is sometimes used to refer to one who possesses certain rural, unsophisticated peculiarities ("he's a corn pone"), or as an adjective to describe particular rural, folksy or "hick" characteristics (e.g., "corn pone" humor). The term is sometimes intended as a pejorative, often directed at persons from rural areas of the southern and midwestern U.S."

I never mean it as a pejorative, though.

Happy Belated Birthday, corn pone.

Tater Tot :gossip:

I find it both interesting and terrifying that the two of you describe me as something that's edible. :eek:

From the "corn pone" Wiki entry, which also has Flee's animation of Watson as greggy

"The term "corn pone" is sometimes used to refer to one who possesses certain rural, unsophisticated peculiarities ("he's a corn pone"), or as an adjective to describe particular rural, folksy or "hick" characteristics (e.g., "corn pone" humor). The term is sometimes intended as a pejorative, often directed at persons from rural areas of the southern and midwestern U.S."

I never mean it as a pejorative, though.

From Wiki...

Tater Tots, also known as "Tots", a registered trademark for a commercial form of hash browns, is a side-dish made from deep-fried, grated potatoes.[1] Tater Tots are widely recognized by their crispiness, cylindrical shape and small size.

Tater is slang for potato (origin: 1750–60; America; by aphesis, tato, and substitution of -er for final -o, tater); Tots may have been derived from their diminutive size, or because they are often served to children.

See also

* Dr Watson

hm