• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TAXGUY’S High Grade Bronze/Copper Independent Sale – Part 3!

95 posts in this topic

Hi Folks,

As those of you that participated in my earlier sales know, last year I picked up a fairly sizable original owner high grade bronze/copper collection. About 70% of the collection consisted of early independents: Eclipse, First, Pacific and many other early independent publishers. The general condition of most of the books is VF/NM to NM+ (see my comments regarding NM/MT below) and many do not appear to have been read. All of the comics were bagged and boarded and stored tightly in long boxes. Many were bagged in mylites with thick acid-free backing boards. These books are generally going to be in very high grade: bright, clean, flat and “like-new” in appearance.

This thread will consist of roughly 60 lots worth of independent comics contained in this collection (we'll get to the rest of them in later threads). All items will be discounted… many aggressively. Some books will be sold individually and others will be grouped together. Most will be raw but there will be some terrific graded items as well. This particular grouping will be mostly esoteric titles... some you'll remember fondly and some you were happy you'd forgotten... even if you don't buy any, I think you'll enjoy the trip down memory lane and the incredible variety.

Grading – have no fears about my grading. I’ve submitted hundreds of books to CGC and my grades on average tend to be more conservative than theirs. Feedback from previous buyers from this collection has been very positive. Needless to say, your satisfaction is guaranteed and returns are accepted.

[Please note that I virtually never assign a grade of NM/MT (9.8) and so it’s likely that some of the 9.6s I list will come back 9.8 from CGC.]

Page Quality – all books have white or off-white to white pages unless otherwise noted.

Scans – since most of these books are fairly inexpensive, I’ve generally included only front cover scans. In addition, where the listing is for a group of comics, I’m only going to include a few sample scans of the items listed. If you’d like to see a scan of any back covers or listed books that aren’t presented, please PM me and I’ll be happy to oblige.

Rules – takeit.gif get priority; PMs are welcomed.

Payment – I’ll send out invoices once the thread is closed (generally a day or two after the last item is listed). I accept paypal, money orders, bank checks, and personal checks (personal checks will have to clear though before shipping).

Shipping – Domestic shipping is by USPS Priority Mail and is $5.85 for up to three raw comics; $7.25 for one slabbed comic. Beyond that, domestic shipping charge will be based on weight and destination zip code. International shipping is by USPS First Class International and charges are dependent on shipping address and weight… feel free to PM me if you’d like a shipping quote in advance. I happily combine shipping charges for multiple purchases. Generally, I ship purchases on the first Saturday after payment is received (or cleared in the case of personal checks). If I can ship sooner I will, but my day job has a tendency of getting in the way.

Many thanks for looking!

Any Miracleman, Judge Dredd, Faust, GRIPS, The Tick, Early Alan Moore Swamp Things?

Not in this sale... but should have a bunch of very high grade Miracleman's in the next sale (Part 4)... still waiting to get a few back from CGC...