• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A question about Paypal.

36 posts in this topic

Why are you afraid to upgrade your account?

Too many nightmare stories about the craptacular way in which Paypal is run. I figure the less financial information they have, the better. And I don't do enough business through them to worry about the cash back.

Well the funny thing is I guess we got "grandfathered in" because we have had PayPal for so long. We got our debit cards before they required more info. But I had to give the info out anyway when I opened a website to set up automatic payments.

If you seriously wanted to get a premier account without giving away your primary banking info you could always open up a free savings account somewhere and use it as your official info.

Between my husband and I we have 6 different PayPal debit cards under different accounts. I like to keep my business seperated out. The hard part is remembering what names on the card goes with wich account so I use the card with the money on it lol

If you seriously wanted to get a premier account without giving away your primary banking info you could always open up a free savings account somewhere and use it as your official info.

Between my husband and I we have 6 different PayPal debit cards under different accounts. I like to keep my business seperated out. The hard part is remembering what names on the card goes with wich account so I use the card with the money on it lol

Thanks for your help, Not*Sure*...but I think my problems been solved. lol

I've had a bank account and a debit/credit card linked to my Paypal account for a long time. But I thought I had read somewhere on the site that Paypal required your social security number to upgrade you to a Premier account. I just logged onto my Paypal account and hit the "upgrade" link to see what it told me. It asked me if I would like to upgrade and I clicked "yes".

Done. It automatically upgraded me to a Premier account with no further action or information required.

Sorry for wasting everyones time. doh!

I've had a bank account and a debit/credit card linked to my Paypal account for a long time. But I thought I had read somewhere on the site that Paypal required your social security number to upgrade you to a Premier account. I just logged onto my Paypal account and hit the "upgrade" link to see what it told me. It asked me if I would like to upgrade and I clicked "yes".

Done. It automatically upgraded me to a Premier account with no further action or information required. Sorry for wasting everyones time. doh!

Premier account my foot; looks like they'll take anyone. :sumo:

Done. It automatically upgraded me to a Premier account with no further action or information required.

If you want the account downgraded, you will have to call, and I use the term loosely, customer service.

I strongly recommend having both a premier and personal account.

Done. It automatically upgraded me to a Premier account with no further action or information required. Sorry for wasting everyones time. doh!

Premier account my foot; looks like they'll take anyone. :sumo:

No kidding. As Groucho Marx once said..."I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member."

Maybe I should have listened to him. :boo:

If you want the account downgraded, you will have to call, and I use the term loosely, customer service.

I strongly recommend having both a premier and personal account.

Now you tell me. doh!

Ok...so why do you recommend having both types of accounts?

Paypal suspended my account until I upgraded to a Premier Account because I'd recieved too much money in the space of a year meh

And it was nowhere near as easy as 'click here and it's done'.

Dork

Domo if you do it you will have to use two different addresses, phone numbers and back up funding sources. If you try to make a new account with the same email or other info they will kick it back and tell you you can't do it.

I have so many because we like to keep things seperate. I also like to spread my Ebay sales over different accounts that way if there is a problem with one account I have other options while it's being worked out. I also sell different items under different IDs on Ebay it also gives me the luxury of using one account over another if there is an Ebay problem I am waiting to be resolved.

Say I have a sticky buyer who is mad because (no joke) there was a piece of hair stuck in the tape on the outside of his priorty mail box. So he files a paypal complaint that I have poor service because there was a hair in the tape. Then he threatens me to leave a neg and report me to Ebay as a bad seller over a stupid strand of hair. I try to work it out explaining when your hair is over 5 feet long yeah sometimes a strand gets stuck when I am taping up a box. Not like the tape is in his comic book bag or taped to the issue. I pleasantly refuse to offer him any refund etc.

Meanwhile I have a $800 comic I need to sell to make some quick cash.

I don't want to list it on the id the guy is threatening to neg. I don't want anything that would detract from the allure of the book. I also don't want to use my PayPal account where there is a claim open against me and part of my funds are in limbo over picky guy who hates hair.

So I list under one of my back up IDs block the picky so and so on all my IDs and change my paypal payment address to a "clean" account.

I wait until the matter with picky guy is settled until I use the other account.

I also use a seperate account for selling in adult catagories. It helps me to seperate adult item, comic books, toys, and the other variety of items I sell. So that if someone interested in comics doesn't have to sift through five pages of topper toys or issues of Gent to get to the books.

If I have a premiere account, and I send someone payment via Paypal from a bank account balance, do they get hit with fees, or is that only when a credit card is used?

I don't think they do. My Premier account is linked to my bank and nobody has ever complained to me about fees (thumbs u