• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Modern Amazing Spider-Man Collectibles???

7 posts in this topic

Obviously there are many great Amazing Spider-Man books to collect #1-200, 238, 252, 298-325. Like many of you, I have the complete run from 200 on.

But since the McFarlane run, are there any Amazing Spider-Man appreciating in value? Let's not count the variant covers. What are your thoughts?

That is quite a stretch without anything special. Why do you think that is? So many copies printed? so many people collecting ASM? High supply and low demand.

Since 325, I think the only major storyline has been Civil War. The only new character that has been a hit has been Carnage.

Just seems like a long time.....

That is quite a stretch without anything special. Why do you think that is? So many copies printed? so many people collecting ASM? High supply and low demand.

Since 325, I think the only major storyline has been Civil War. The only new character that has been a hit has been Carnage.

Just seems like a long time.....

All of the above are reasons but the main issue is that there have not been any apparent key issues since #300. This is not to say that there aren't some lying in wait, but for that to happen a relatively important story or character will have to come along that has roots somewhere in this stretch. For example, #149 was very hot during the clone saga. #129 was not extremely valuable until the 80s and 90s when the Punisher really took off. Who knows, maybe the podcasting villainess, whatever her name is will one day be as popular as the Punisher :insane: . Honestly though, I don't see anything like this happening unless the popularity of comics dramatically increases in the future. I don't see much chance of that happening, but you never know.