• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So I Got A Lance Armstrong Autograph

12 posts in this topic

However, not on anything I can grade. doh!:makepoint::sorry::tonofbricks::insane::(:cry::mad:

It was an almost impossible scenario where they took the books you had to buy right out of your hands. Mr. Armstrong barely met you and they shooshed you along. I saw someone in front of me try to take a good picture and ask for something else signed and they got a scary response from security. Thus I played it safe.......oh well it would have been cool to get some sigs on some SI's

Man, I am sorry to hear that, it would have been really cool to see those SIs SSed, even low grade copies.. there is always next time..but, at least you kinda got to meet him, more than what the average bear can say..

Glen- It was 33rd and 7th Ave Borders.

Hector- How do you know they were low grade copies ? ;):baiting:

I will have you know I got some very sweet NM copies 1 day prior to the signing from my homeslice DBill........

It def. was a shame that I did not get them done.

thanks George that makes me feel better............ :P

oh I bet Kris could do it....if anyone could do it Kris could get it done..............I heard he popped out of a mail box once to get a signature............I hear he has an invisible cloak to sneak into places when he needs too.........I heard he jumped out of a plane once onto a celebrities Ranch that had a 10' electrical fens.......I heard one time ................ :(:blahblah::blahblah:

thanks George that makes me feel better............ :P

oh I bet Kris could do it....if anyone could do it Kris could get it done..............I heard he popped out of a mail box once to get a signature............I hear he has an invisible cloak to sneak into places when he needs too.........I heard he jumped out of a plane once onto a celebrities Ranch that had a 10' electrical fens.......I heard one time ................ :(:blahblah::blahblah:

:lol: I picture Kris trying to chase down Lance on his bike :o

You're taking it all wrong. All I'm saying is that due to the proximity, travel is not much of an issue. If you were willing to hop on a plane to Austin, I bet you could get something done as well.

I am just bustin chops man :)

I like the star wars reference. But perhaps George is right. perhaps he will do a book signing in dallas or austin since they are in close proximity to where he lives. Plus I have been known to stand in public locations near an entrance to get a celebrity. Book signings are very hard. Usually the author only wants to sign what ever they are promoting. I have been very lucky with book signings though you just gotta figure out a way to work the system. for instance I usually wait until I get close enough to the creator to ask myself. Items have to be hid sometimes. third always insist on handing the item to the author yourself. They want to hand the items to the author to reduce interaction but you have to be firm about handing the item to the author yourself. Oh and no smal talk and quick sentence like this has been known to work. "Hi I am a hugh fan, Then site one particular thing that impressed you, then ask if they would sign your (magazine, comicbook, ect)" If they say yes which about 75 percent of the time they will be ready with it. Oh and most importantly. Don't be afraid of security unless they are on duty police officers. Security can only remove you from the store. If they use force or hurt you you then have a lawsuit to pursue.

Here is a list of creators and celebrities I got to sign comics because of book promotion.

Slash, Nikki Sixx, Robert Crumb, Jodi Picoult, Jamie Lee Curtis, Bruce Campbell, Neil Gaiman, and Micheal Moorcock.

In fact I can't think of a book signing where I walked away without a signed comic.

With that in mind I don't go to every book signing ever. I only go to ones that have creators who can sign comics or magazines.

Oh and this is for everybody that thinks I am the best and can do the impossible. I have not gotten the signature 8 times. So even I am not perfect.

However, not on anything I can grade. doh!:makepoint::sorry::tonofbricks::insane::(:cry::mad:

It was an almost impossible scenario where they took the books you had to buy right out of your hands. Mr. Armstrong barely met you and they shooshed you along. I saw someone in front of me try to take a good picture and ask for something else signed and they got a scary response from security. Thus I played it safe.......oh well it would have been cool to get some sigs on some SI's

If you think that was fast, my fiance did the Lance Armstrong ride here in Austin with him in it. She said she saw him zoom past her for about half a second.