• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

This has to be the worst placed sig ever!!

64 posts in this topic

I have to admit---he's got SO MUCH blank space to drop it---top left, top right---there's lots of spaces.

That's why I cut specific spots in window bags now for sigs, so that way the artist/writer has no option but to plunk the sig exactly where I want it.

Rich, have fun with cut off sigs where the marker brushes up against the side of your window.

Or I had one client who got real fancy and Stan just signed the bag.........he drew the box twice and only cut out one space.........seriously..........

I think it depends on the signing and how many people are waiting...Although he would probably like to be attentive all the time, sometimes that just can't be possible..

+1 Now that is some wise new poppa talk!

It still is a nice looking book.

i concur

The sketch is great, just unfortunate placement

It is fairly safe to say that if you took the proper precautions, made the space exactly where you want so it was the only spot possible to sign, not TO SMALL of a space, then I could guarantee that Stan would sign in that spot if it were a book at one of my signings.

Take a board, cut the hole in the board, then put it on top of the comic already in a bag and board. Heck then write what color on the Front! It makes it easy.

Or if you just want to mail me your books-

I then place your comic in my standard window bags. And I can tell you Stan, myself and CollectingStanLee work very hard to land the best placed sigs.

This signature did not occur during one of our signings as I said it happened prior to Bill and I having our recent signings.

Have I personally seen people make boxes too small and then stan signs on the plastic yes. (DONT DO THAT.)

Have I seen People write two boxes then only cut out one and then stan signs the plastic yes.

(DONT DO THAT.)

Have I personally seen people make boxes too small and then stan signs on the plastic yes. (DONT DO THAT.)

I have a copy of Excalibur #1 signed by "Ala Davi" that will attest to the truth of this.

you wanna see some other not so great ones from the past...........

Fallen-Son%233a--9.8.jpg

although i like this one.

(worship)

If ever you wish to let this one go, let me know!

It is fairly safe to say that if you took the proper precautions, made the space exactly where you want so it was the only spot possible to sign, not TO SMALL of a space, then I could guarantee that Stan would sign in that spot if it were a book at one of my signings.

Take a board, cut the hole in the board, then put it on top of the comic already in a bag and board. Heck then write what color on the Front! It makes it easy.

Or if you just want to mail me your books-

I then place your comic in my standard window bags. And I can tell you Stan, myself and CollectingStanLee work very hard to land the best placed sigs.

This signature did not occur during one of our signings as I said it happened prior to Bill and I having our recent signings.

Have I seen People write two boxes then only cut out one and then stan signs the plastic yes.

(DONT DO THAT.)

Big question is, does he take the time to personalize something? I'm not a sig collector. Whenever I buy art from the artist or have a commission, I ask them to personalize it & feel free to write whatever they want, regardless how goofy. Funnier the better.

"You're an , Eric.

Bob"

means more to me than just "Bob"

;)

For the record, this is what I'd be sending http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v94/Delvie/Sketch%20Covers/Sketched/zMarvelProjectbyKevinMeinert.jpg

Cool Sketch.

Yes I think he could personalize for you no problem.

285818669_o.jpg

My sister did this rough with a ballpoint pen. (NYU art major)

I donated this for the Charity auction that Par2ch put on.......I got outbid by a rabid sketch addict........... lol