• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grading Impact of Page Detached from Staple

24 posts in this topic

Check out the following pic, a blue label with a detached centerfold.

They will give a GLOD or Blue depending on which they feel is best for you.

BTW, Eric is a good guy but not a grader. However, he is always willing to chat with you and answer all questions as best he can = very helpfull and knowledgable.

IMG_1722.jpg

This is a good development. :sumo:

Emphasis on they :grin:

BTW, Eric is a good guy but not a grader. However, he is always willing to chat with you and answer all questions as best he can = very helpful and knowledgable.

Eric's job is to make the irate caller "feel better" . . . lol

For the moment at least, I joined this board because I noticed some folks debating back and forth about if comics with a centerfold detached at one staple would only receive green labels or sometimes blue labels. Currently, I am forming a collection of collection of Amazing Adventures, which was the first comic series I was exposed to in childhood, and I noticed this listing on eBay:

Amazing Adventures 7 CGC 9.6

Look at the supersized image and notice that it clearly states on a BLUE label, "Centerfold detached from one staple only."

This is a HUGE discrepancy in CGC and Overstreet grading standards, which shocked me at first. So I googled and found this thread discussing the topic, among others, and wanted to provide additional evidence that it is not always a green label given by CGC to a comic with a centerfold detached at one staple.

BTW, Eric is a good guy but not a grader. However, he is always willing to chat with you and answer all questions as best he can = very helpfull and knowledgable.

IMG_1722.jpg

From only what I can see in this photo, it appears a very well preserved book. Perhaps it was pummeled down to a 6.0. Doesn't look like a 6.0 from what I see.