• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ANYONE EVER BOUGHT A RAW BOOK FROM HERITAGE

29 posts in this topic

I've bought several raw from them. All of the books were overgraded at least a step. Most were 2 steps or more.

I've not bought anything from them in 3 or 4 years, though.

I don't know if their raw grading has changed since Steve B's gotten there, but from my own personal experience it was always hit and miss (and a lot of miss, at that). If their raw grading hasn't tighten up, you can expect the books that are overgraded to be .5 to 1.0 grade off on average

I was happy with both of the raw purchases I had with Heritage...TOS 52 ( 6.5) and an FF 52 ( 8.5)....both priced reasonably. I try to avoid raw books from anyone graded above 9.0. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I have bought 10 or so raw books and feel their grades have been very accurate - much more so than any other dealer I have purchased from.

+1 -- surprisingly enough. They often appear to err on the conservative side with lower-grade books.

Wow...you just reminded me of a third raw from Heritage....."D" copy of Prize 35...they called it a 6.5, looked much nicer. It was graded by Lon Allen ,I think. GOD BLESS...

I snagged Iron Man #1 & #2 as a combo deal from HA. They are in the 6.0 - 7.0 range and was advertised as such. Whenever Colan gets around to signing things again I'll send them out to be graded then I'll know for sure if everything is good.

Haven't tried to purchase something HG from them

I have bought 10 or so raw books and feel their grades have been very accurate - much more so than any other dealer I have purchased from.

+1 -- surprisingly enough. They often appear to err on the conservative side with lower-grade books.

Translation......Self, make a mental note of this. GOD BLESS...