• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

For Sale: Silver Surfer # 8 WHITE PAGES

24 posts in this topic

I am not a Surfer collector, but that sure is an awesome cover.

Maybe I should check out some other Surfer books.

Actually they are pretty cool. I've never been a Silver Surfer fan either, but after reading some of his early FF appearances recently I decided to pick up some copies of his old series (issues 1-18) They have been pretty entertaining so far. Better in my opinion than most books were back then.

I don't know if anyone knows the answer to this by the way, but what happens to the Silver Surfer after issue 18? Does he vanish off the face of the earth until 1987 when his new series starts? Or does he have a regular guest spot in some other title in the meantime? Also how come there is a Silver Surfer volume 1 and a Silver Surfer volume 3, but no volume 2?

I don't know if anyone knows the answer to this by the way, but what happens to the Silver Surfer after issue 18? Does he vanish off the face of the earth until 1987 when his new series starts? Or does he have a regular guest spot in some other title in the meantime? Also how come there is a Silver Surfer volume 1 and a Silver Surfer volume 3, but no volume 2?

1) The Silver Surfer guest-starred in quite a few other books, such as Fantastic Four, Defenders, Avengers, etc. in the 70's and 80's.

2) Volume 2 was a Byrne 1-shot.