• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: UK 68 UNC 66

27 posts in this topic

The Heels are pretty young, playing on opponents court, very early in the season against a coach who has cheated at every program he's ever been at. The fact the Heels came back like they did, impressed the hell out of me and I'm looking forward to the rest of the season.

This Tarheel team is not a National Championship this year but they will be one next year and I have no problem winning them every second year :cloud9:

Jim

I dunno Jim, if these kids can get a rhythm they could really turn it up in the tourney. They have the talent. They have the size. They have the coaching. They just turn the ball over way too much and often look out of sync. I dunno how many times i said the word 'butterfingers' yesterday. doh!

The concern that I have of the Heels is that they have spotty PG play. When you go from Ty Lawson to Larry Drew II and no reliable outside shot... well that bodes well for being inconsistent.

It doest take much for a team to play zone, sag inside on the Bigs, and dare them to beat them from outside.

Unless we get better guard play it will be a top 10/15 year but not a deep run into the playoffs.

I agree. But comparing lawson to drew is unfair imo. Lawson was so phenomenal it could be 25 years (or never) until we have another point like that.
Defeatist

The Heels are pretty young, playing on opponents court, very early in the season against a coach who has cheated at every program he's ever been at. The fact the Heels came back like they did, impressed the hell out of me and I'm looking forward to the rest of the season.

This Tarheel team is not a National Championship this year but they will be one next year and I have no problem winning them every second year :cloud9:

Jim

I dunno Jim, if these kids can get a rhythm they could really turn it up in the tourney. They have the talent. They have the size. They have the coaching. They just turn the ball over way too much and often look out of sync. I dunno how many times i said the word 'butterfingers' yesterday. doh!

The concern that I have of the Heels is that they have spotty PG play. When you go from Ty Lawson to Larry Drew II and no reliable outside shot... well that bodes well for being inconsistent.

It doest take much for a team to play zone, sag inside on the Bigs, and dare them to beat them from outside.

Unless we get better guard play it will be a top 10/15 year but not a deep run into the playoffs.

I agree. But comparing lawson to drew is unfair imo. Lawson was so phenomenal it could be 25 years (or never) until we have another point like that.
Defeatist
Elitist

Jim

Yeah, they might be a National Championship team, assuming that both Wall and Patterson go to the NBA. Otherwise, next year the road to the championship runs through Lexington.

And if you are honestly going to pull the Calipari card, please at least admit that the NCAA has not named him as a cheater anywhere he has been. 2 of the players on his team were both penalized. He was NEVER mentioned. I dont know anything about Camby, but I have no doubt Rose cheated on his SAT, but that was when he was in high school and before he signed with Memphis.

And are the heels younger than the Cats, starting 3 freshmen, 1 sophomore who barely played at all last year, and 1 junior?

And don't bring up home court, might as well have been in Chapel Hill. 2nd half fouls were 9 - 4 in UNCs favor until the last 3 minutes of the game when they had to start fouling.

Go CATS Go!!!

But should have been a much bigger win given we were up by like 20 at one point.

The Heels actually dominated the second half, just not as flashy as UK did in the first.

It was only a 2-point win, remember...

-slym (knows the Heels are no chumps)

I love the coach saying that if there had been 5 more minutes, UNC woulda won it. The world is full of "what mighta beens".

A 2 point win is 1 point more than needed!!

What were we thinking!?!?! We left 1 point on the table. (And it only takes one more point to win).

My boy was kinda sad we sold our season tickets for this game ...but the price was too good to pass up...and his momma will love her Christmas present it bought :).

I have to say, I was impressed with Wall and Patterson. Those guys are amazing...

I was not impressed with that big guy, DeMarcus Cousins. He looks like he might have a bad attitude, and with his frame and musculature, that's kinda scary.

-slym

I have to say, I was impressed with Wall and Patterson. Those guys are amazing...

I was not impressed with that big guy, DeMarcus Cousins. He looks like he might have a bad attitude, and with his frame and musculature, that's kinda scary.

-slym

Like someone else I know, Cousins is very easy to read thru facial discussions and body language and that is the problem. He wears his emotions outward very harshly. There have been discussions about this by the Coach and they are working on it. He told him he wants to see him smile and have fun on the court. Its being worked on, never fear.