• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: UK 68 UNC 66

27 posts in this topic

Go CATS Go!!!

But should have been a much bigger win given we were up by like 20 at one point.

The Heels actually dominated the second half, just not as flashy as UK did in the first.

It was only a 2-point win, remember...

-slym (knows the Heels are no chumps)

The Heels are pretty young, playing on opponents court, very early in the season against a coach who has cheated at every program he's ever been at. The fact the Heels came back like they did, impressed the hell out of me and I'm looking forward to the rest of the season.

This Tarheel team is not a National Championship this year but they will be one next year and I have no problem winning them every second year :cloud9:

Jim

The Heels are pretty young, playing on opponents court, very early in the season against a coach who has cheated at every program he's ever been at. The fact the Heels came back like they did, impressed the hell out of me and I'm looking forward to the rest of the season.

This Tarheel team is not a National Championship this year but they will be one next year and I have no problem winning them every second year :cloud9:

Jim

I dunno Jim, if these kids can get a rhythm they could really turn it up in the tourney. They have the talent. They have the size. They have the coaching. They just turn the ball over way too much and often look out of sync. I dunno how many times i said the word 'butterfingers' yesterday. doh!

Jim

When you add Harrison Barnes into the mix its pretty easy to see em winning next year.

Jim

I dunno Jim, if these kids can get a rhythm they could really turn it up in the tourney. They have the talent. They have the size. They have the coaching. They just turn the ball over way too much and often look out of sync. I dunno how many times i said the word 'butterfingers' yesterday. doh!

The concern that I have of the Heels is that they have spotty PG play. When you go from Ty Lawson to Larry Drew II and no reliable outside shot... well that bodes well for being inconsistent.

It doest take much for a team to play zone, sag inside on the Bigs, and dare them to beat them from outside.

Unless we get better guard play it will be a top 10/15 year but not a deep run into the playoffs.

Jim

The heels play help defense showing a better coach basically. UK is younger by far and has a coach that is considered a good recruiter, but only a moderate decent coach especially in tight games.

Jim

The concern that I have of the Heels is that they have spotty PG play. When you go from Ty Lawson to Larry Drew II and no reliable outside shot... well that bodes well for being inconsistent.

It doest take much for a team to play zone, sag inside on the Bigs, and dare them to beat them from outside.

Unless we get better guard play it will be a top 10/15 year but not a deep run into the playoffs.

I agree. But comparing lawson to drew is unfair imo. Lawson was so phenomenal it could be 25 years (or never) until we have another point like that.

I love Kentucky...

Laettner Shot, my friend Steve Phillips played Football there and now this...

makes the Duke loss to Wisconsin a little easier...

Troll