• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How many board members are Oversteet Advisors

85 posts in this topic

What are the qualifications for being an Overstreet Advisor? Are there clear guidelines?

Well some are disbarred Lawyers and others are dealers who pay you in checks but post date them a month later. (thumbs u

Most of them are good guys and you need I believe a recommendation from someone else in the hobby that is of that stature to say your knowledge is sound. It's actually pretty easy.

Ha...actually, I'm really interested to know how one is eligible to become an advisor. Definitely not questioning anyone's worthiness. :)

Is it by invitation? Evaluation of one's contribution to the hobby? Multiple years in the hobby? Ability to gather sales data (online, LCS, convention), analyze data and reliably present within the guide?

I would expect one or more of the above would at least get you considered.

Ha...actually, I'm really interested to know how one is eligible to become an advisor. Definitely not questioning anyone's worthiness. :)

Is it by invitation? Evaluation of one's contribution to the hobby? Multiple years in the hobby? Ability to gather sales data (online, LCS, convention), analyze data and reliably present within the guide?

Dashingly good looks :whee:

Cypriot dork

Cypriot dork

lol

Cypriot dork

lol

Ha. I guess your referring to someone on the board who is from Cyprus?

Cypriot dork

Are all Greeks named George or Nik?

Cypriot dork

Are all Greeks named George or Nik?

Almost. Didn't you see the movie?

I'm sorry, Webby - I enjoy your posts but have to ask - why in the name of all that is heckworthy do you precede "How many board members are Oversteet Advisors" with the phrase "Open Question." Seriously - what does that mean? Is there a "Closed Question" that is the opposite of this?

Confuse-ed

I'm not sure I even get that, but something tells me it's insulting.

Still, that's what I expect whenever I come back to check this place out. Such respect. :)

:foryou:

And, Harley is one now. Interestingly, there is a list with pictures in the back of my guide. Easy to find the board members there. I just match the picture with the board name, it makes perfect sense.

I've been an advisor for over 20 years. Back in the 80's Bob asked me to provide market reports, and since he didn't have anyone from Chicago at the time, it helped to bring a new region's sales into the mix. The fact that I was a high profile collector/retailer/show promoter certainly helped.

Bob doesn't know everyone so he relies on his advisors to help him find new advisors. I've introduced prominent dealers to Bob and suggested they become advisors - Bob accepted all of them. I think that's how it usually works today.

I'm not sure I even get that, but something tells me it's insulting.

Still, that's what I expect whenever I come back to check this place out. Such respect. :)

:foryou:

And, Harley is one now. Interestingly, there is a list with pictures in the back of my guide. Easy to find the board members there. I just match the picture with the board name, it makes perfect sense.

Although Harley is the object of desire of a board member, he himself isn't a board member.

I'm sorry, Webby - I enjoy your posts but have to ask - why in the name of all that is heckworthy do you precede "How many board members are Oversteet Advisors" with the phrase "Open Question." Seriously - what does that mean? Is there a "Closed Question" that is the opposite of this?

Confuse-ed

excellent point.. was worried that I might have gotten piled on :tonofbricks:

But since I was doing work on 39+ Overstreets thought it would be great to know how many infuencial members of this board we have.

WEBHEAD