• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Do you think CGC graders laugh at times?

24 posts in this topic

Good point, David, but maybe it's more like working in an ice cream parlor or videogame arcade (as a kid, you unnerstand) - after about three weeks of it, you're sick of the whole concept and never want to see another ice cream cone...

That is sooooooooooooo wrong. 893naughty-thumb.gif

Four years into this, I still love this job and I still read at least 1 comic a night before going to bed. grin.gif

Okay - we'll check back with you in 15-20 years and see if you still feel that way! Seriously, I was merely conjecturing in my previous post, and it's good to hear that "overexposure" to comic books is apparently not possible grin.gif

I'm sure being chained to a grading desk all day is anything BUT a laugh riot. Imagine having to sit and look at comics from 9 to 5 (LOOK but not read) every day - how tedious - it's no wonder inconsistencies can creep in from time to time.

Also, think of the poor chap who sticks the comics in the slabs at the end of this production line. No wonder the odd skin flake or hair gets stuck in there too (hey, just imagine how many high grade toe-nails they'll be in 20 years!)

I think we need full disclosure on the workings of CGC!!!

I imagine Steve Borock to be similar to David Brent smirk.gif - UK guys, you know what I mean. US guys - you soon will...

Ewan: Anyone who appreciates truly fine humour knows who David Brent is...!! His acceptance speech at the Golden Globes was wonderful. Along with Larry David (co-creator of "Seinfeld" and creator/star of "Curb Your Enthusiasm"), Ricky Gervaise is the funniest guy on TV, no question. "The Office" makes "Friends" look like "Ozzy and Harriet" - woefully behind the times.

I won't even watch the Americanized version of The Office - I know it won't hold a candle to the U.K. original!