• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TV Show Comics

15 posts in this topic

Is television that bad that there are no longer comics published of TV shows. I can remember a time when just about any television program that was on the air had a comic published of it. It didn't matter if it was a hit show or not, you'd see a comic of the show.(ex. I'm Dickens, He's Fenster) I wonder why TV shows aren't transfered to comics anymore. I think there are some shows that could be comics. They aren't all that bad.

Babylon 5 comic got cancelled but think the tv series is being repeated on Space network still. Do we really regret not seeing an Ally McBeal comic bk? Should make a Marvel Max Sopranos comic (blood, guts & swearing) so we can get them signed at the National comicon then slabbed.

Was MUTANT X based on the TV show? I hardly remember it. Think I seen it once.

I think BUFFY and BATMAN BEYOND are the only comics out now that are from TV shows.

SAPRANOS would make a cool comic.

How bout WHEEL OF FORTUNE. Ah! Never mine. grin.gif

Hey, there's at least monsters in Scooby Doo

Noooo there are old men pretending to BE monsters. And they would have gotten away with it too, it it wasn't for those meddling kids.

A well can be a real monster if you fall down it. smile.gif

Phil

Current television comics include:

Live Action Shows:

Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Birds of Prey (doesn't really count especially since show is cancelled)

Smallville (one-shot that is likely not continuing)

CSI (starts next month)

Alias - Agent Sydney Bristow (starts next month)

Angel (restarts next month)

Star Trek (you're never more than a month or two from the next series)

Several other recent shows including VIP and First Wave have seen comic treatment from small press publishers.

Animated Shows:

Justice League Adventures

Batman Beyond

Transformers Armada

Simpsons

Powerpuff Girls

Samurai Jack

Scooby Doo

Dragonball Z (and a dozen other anime programs including Sailor Moon and Hamtaro)

That's off the top of my head. I am certain I am missing some. The biggest reason why people may not be aware of how many TV comics are out there is that many stores only carry 100 titles or so of the roughly 500 titles shipping each month. In the era of non-returnable distribution, few stores will take a chance on an unproven property...