• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Resto Info from the Coinee's

2 posts in this topic

Here are the links to some questions I posed last night in the coin forums about restoration. A few answers so far. Hopefully, more to follow. Feel free to add you questions....

NGC Forum - Resto Thread

NCS Forum - Resto Thread

One thing that I find really interesting is that one of the companies will not grade restored coins, the other will but only on a limited basis. I have asked some follow ups to this....

Chris

The most interesting thing I've learned in that thread is the difference between NGC (Numismatic Guaranty LLC) and NCS (Numismatic Conservation Services). Fascinating concept...this would almost be like CGC no longer slabbing restored books and spinning that business off as a separate company. It makes sense to me now why CGC was considering restoration removal services a few years ago...that would be the same kind of service NCS offers.

I wonder why they decided to make NCS a totally separate subdivision of the same parent company? confused-smiley-013.gif