• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC Forums Thread Of The Year

125 posts in this topic

+2

Other threads can't compare, it need to be rembered.

I agree but I also really feel Nik's passing and the board's response should not be part of a contest (NO bad on any of you at all!)

We should simply have an In Remembrance Of Nik thread every year to honor his passing - apart from polls, apart from contests.

I think someone might want to think multiple categories here. Funniest thread, most positive thread, and the like. (shrug)

Agreed. So if we can decide on categories, then compile all of the threads nominated and put them to a poll for the respective categories.

Nik's thread will not be included, it was a special thread for a special guy and as has been mentioned before he deserves his own thread every year. (worship)

So thinking about categories, how about these to start off with? If everybody adds their thoughts we can get it polished up before adding the polls.

• Funniest Thread
  • Most Informative Thread
  • Biggest Meltdown Thread
  • Most Useless Thread
  • Most Useful Thread
  • Best Sales Thread

I'm a bit stuck at the moment so throw those ideas out there!

So thinking about categories, how about these to start off with? If everybody adds their thoughts we can get it polished up before adding the polls.

• Funniest Thread
  • Most Useless Thread
  • Most Useful Thread
  • Best Sales Thread

I'm a bit stuck at the moment so throw those ideas out there!

*Thread Leading To The Most Bannings or Suspensions (think we had one or two multi-suspension situations).

• Funniest Thread
  • Most Useless Thread
  • Most Useful Thread
  • Best Sales Thread
  • Thread Leading To The Most Bannings or Suspensions

This one gets my vote for Thread of the Year:

Sale of the Year - New Mutants #98 CGC 9.9 for $12,250

After all of the silliness that has gone on in the comic market the past year, all of the insanity coalesced into this Pets.com moment of lucidity on the Boards. (worship)

As for TylerDurden, seriously, there is a ZERO percent chance that it is Conner. I'm sorry, having a snotty attitude is not a unique identifying quality. Since when does Conner post in the OA Forum, hype up art/comic art, predict the demise of the dollar, comment on monetary policy, speak (somewhat) knowledgably about technical analysis (talking about filling gaps in charts is not something you crib from Wikipedia). talk about comic art events FROM BEFORE HE WAS EVEN BORN, etc.? Seriously, there is a ZERO percent chance that this is Conner. ABSOLUTELY DEAD ZERO. :makepoint:

On the other hand, there is at least a 50% chance it is KrazyKat, because the above fits his Modus Operandi to a T - a PERFECT 100% correlation. But, it's just a bit unlike KK to not have a meltdown by now and expose his identity. In any case, if it's not KK, it's someone with an almost identical profile - certainly not some 17-year od kid. doh!

• Funniest Thread
  • Most Useless Thread
  • Most Useful Thread
  • Best Sales Thread

• Thread Leading To The Most Supported Banning

Right now we would have BucOne and CapFreak neck-in-neck for the lead, IMHO.

:gossip: My vote would be for CapFreak due to the volume of buyers impacted.

• Funniest Thread
  • Most Useless Thread
  • Most Useful Thread
  • Best Sales Thread

What about TFLs twenty five thousand dollar meltdown that got him into the Hall of Shame,or Comic Supply Whew! That guy still hasnt made good on everything hm

• Funniest Thread
  • Most Useless Thread
  • Most Useful Thread
  • Best Sales Thread

What about TFLs twenty five thousand dollar meltdown that got him into the Hall of Shame,or Comic Supply Whew! That guy still hasnt made good on everything hm

I was just going to nominate the "I WANT OFF THE PROBATION LIST" aka "To make things right" thread. LINK for most useless thread.

It was doomed from the start, but at least a few people finally got their money or books. :angel:

• Funniest Thread
  • Most Useless Thread
  • Most Useful Thread
  • Best Sales Thread

I was just goinmg to nominate the "I WANT OFF THE PROBATION LIST" aka "To make things right" thread. LINK for most useless thread.

It was doomed from the start, but at least a few people finally got their money or books. :angel:

:applause:

Would that end up being "Most Insincere Comics General Apology Thread" as a category? I have to agree - ComicSupply stands alone in the category. What a business! :eek:

He should have titled it "I'd Like To Make Things Right - And Go Screw Yourself!"

• Funniest Thread
  • Most Useless Thread
  • Most Useful Thread
  • Best Sales Thread

That really deserves to be highlighted again as not a lot of people know about that, but unfortunately it was in the probation thread, and I think we'd have trouble isolating it for use in the poll.

+2

I agree but I also really feel Nik's passing and the board's response should not be part of a contest (NO bad on any of you at all!)

We should simply have an In Remembrance Of Nik thread every year to honor his passing - apart from polls, apart from contests.

I nominated Nik's thread because, to me, it represents the finest moments of this board and its members. Frankly, I would nominate it as thread of the year not just here but on any chatboard in the universe. I didn't intend to enter it in a contest and I would hope that nobody posts on the thread now.

+2

[/quote.

I agree.Strill hard to read this thread.