• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Catrick's 3 day sale! 100 pg. Batbooks, Oldies, a few Pulps! CHEAP

90 posts in this topic

I'm going to finish off this evening with a really nice book, not much discount though, as I wouldn't mind hanging onto it.

Archie's Pals 'n'Gals 1

Gorgeous squarebound, and when was the last time you saw a copy?

Flat, clean, square, with a couple minor dogears lower RH FC, and some ink chips along upper spine. BC has a couple pencil marks. Interior is gorgeous, nice offwhite/white. Overstreet 6.0 is $261, I'm asking $250 firm.

archie1.jpg

Archie's Pals 'n' Gals 1, 1952-1953 edition. Copyright 1952 by Archie Publications.

There's more, but those are the dates in the indicia.

Okay, as long as everybody's still hanging out, one more book tonight.

The Thing 16

Drop dead gorgeous copy, listed in O'street as Injury To Eye book, check the scan, it's beautiful. There are a couple spots of VERY minor soiling BC, interior is white and supple, tight spine and centerfold.

$160 firm for this one. Just like the Archie above, I'd be happy to tuck this one back away.

thing16.jpg

HO HO HO! Hiya Mike!

Howdy Captain, depends on the book. If it doesn't say FIRM then negotiations are quite feasible. Send a PM, the worst I can do is say no.

:acclaim:

never even seen that book before, but I like Magazine Enterprises :cloud9:

Like some other early ME books, not a book I see oftern and that's one of the coolest A-21 series cover. I am not looking for this book but would have bought it as I dig ME too.

The WWII propaganda book I've been keeping an eye out for a decent copy, so, thanks Rick :D

How Boys And Girls Can Help Win The War one shot

1942 propaganda comic produced by the publishers of True Comics, it's chock full of features teaching kids how to help with the War Effort, along with a couple vicious Axis Leader caricatures. I particularly like the panel where Hitler, Mussolini and Hirohito are weilding bullwhips.

Overstreet in 5.0 is $65, I'm asking $45. Firm pricing on this one.

apropoganda.jpg

:takeit:

Nice pick-up, Scrooge :applause:

Good morning!

Here's something to tide you all over while I dig out books and scan them. Talk about obscure...

The Arkham Sampler Winter 1949 Issue.

All science fiction issue, featuring many greats from the Golden Age of Science Fiction including Bradbury, Van Vogt, Sturgeon, Bloch, Leiber, and on and on.

This one is in sad shape, the front cover is detached and has chipping, the back cover is gone completely, light staining along outer edge, and the staples are rusty.

That being said, when have you ever seen another one?

$30 firm for this isue.

I'll be back with more comics after some scanning.

arkham.jpg

Vicki lot, issues 1, 2, 3, Atlas Archie wannabes

Issue 1 is the worst of the three, with general wear, issue 2 has some neat pen upper RH FC, and issue 3, listed as scarce in Overstreet is the nicest of the bunch, decent Fine-

Overstreet value about $25 for the lot, I'm asking $12

is.php?i=86334&img=avicki1.jpg

Chamber of Clues 28, last issue

This is either oddly miscut, or has been VERY poorly trimmed, lol

Light water, small tear lower FC, small chip out of BC, long sub-type creases FC

Overstreet 2.0 $6, my price $3

chamber28.jpg

Turok Son of Stone 5

Nice enough copy of an early issue, some spine wear, dogear lower RH FC, cover has some minor wrinkling but no sign of water staining.

Overstreet 4.0 is $40, my price $18

aturok5.jpg

Giant Size Conan 1 through 5, complete set

Issue 1 is a nice F or maybe a little better, 2 about the same, small ink in price box, 3 a touch lower, nice VG-F, 4 is the worst of the lot, with a few tiny holes upper LH FC, and 5 is another nice VG-F. Overstreet in 4.0 is $30 for the lot, I'm asking $18 for the whole bunch.

conangs1.jpg

Conan Annuals 1-12 complete, all twelve for one price

Issue 1 is the worst of the bunch, your basic VG, issues 2 through 12 average F to VF, Overstreet in 6.0 is about $45, I want $20 for the whole kit and kaboodle

conanann1.jpg

Hit Comics 57

Decent enough VG or so, but has a large light stain BC, and a 3" tear lower FC throw man in blue's kneecap up to the stock of his shotgun. Overstreet 4.0 is $40, I want $15.

hit57.jpg

Tales of the Unexpected 37

Solid VG, with minor general wear, small chip out spine just below the 10 cent logo. Overstreet is $28 in 4.0, $15 takes it.

atales37.jpg