• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Catrick's 3 day sale! 100 pg. Batbooks, Oldies, a few Pulps! CHEAP

90 posts in this topic

Good morning!

Here's something to tide you all over while I dig out books and scan them. Talk about obscure...

The Arkham Sampler Winter 1949 Issue.

All science fiction issue, featuring many greats from the Golden Age of Science Fiction including Bradbury, Van Vogt, Sturgeon, Bloch, Leiber, and on and on.

This one is in sad shape, the front cover is detached and has chipping, the back cover is gone completely, light staining along outer edge, and the staples are rusty.

That being said, when have you ever seen another one?

$30 firm for this isue.

I'll be back with more comics after some scanning.

arkham.jpg

(worship)

Conan The Barbarian 25-40

Starting with the first post-Barry Smith issue, complete 25-40. This is a reader's set, with a fair amount of minor wear. Issue 25 is probably the worst of the bunch, with spine roll and a tear at the upper staple. Overstreet in 4.0 is $66, take the complete lot for $40

conan26.jpg

conan31.jpg

Conan The Barbarian 41-60, 20 issues complete

Nothing worse than a VG, with a few F and maybe even a couple VF scattered in.

Overstreet 4.0 adds up to about $60, I'll take $30 for the lot

conan41.jpg

conan51.jpg

Howdy Tupenny, ever seen one before? The first Arkham House I've ever found just out there in the wild, I've really enjoyed having it around for a while.

Tales of the Unexpected 52

Nice Space Ranger issue, about a F, with minor wear at corners, and a small area (Apx 1" x 1") of foxing lower RH BC. Pretty book.

Overstreet 6.0 is $45, I'm asking $25

atales52.jpg

Shock Detective Cases 21

L B Cole cover, precode true crime stories. Book has tape, sub crease, small pc out upper FC, tear in the middle, lower center BC. Overstreet 2.0 is $23, I want $10

ashock21.jpg

Conan The Barbarian 61-80, complete, all 20 issues.

Same as the last lot, nothing worse than a nice VG, a few scattered F mebbe a VF (and then again, mebbe not, lol )

$30 for the twenty issues

conan61.jpg

conan71.jpg

Conan The Barbarian 81-100 complete, all twenty issues

Same as the last lot, nothing worse than a nice VG, a few scattered F mebbe a VF. Issue 100 features the death of Belit. $30 for the complete lot of 20

conan81.jpg

conan91.jpg

conan100.jpg

Time for anlther pulp!

Astounding Science Fiction, October 1940

Features stories by Van Vogt, Sturgeon, De Camp, and the original appearance of Farewell to the Master by Harry Bates, the story that the movie "The Day The Earth Stood Still" was based on.

A few small tears, small stain, and a pencil mark FC, 1/4" piece out of lower spine strip, 1" tear upper BC. Still displays very nicely, sharp interior.

I want $35 for this one.

astounding.jpg

Time for anlther pulp!

Astounding Science Fiction, October 1940

Features stories by Van Vogt, Sturgeon, De Camp, and the original appearance of Farewell to the Master by Harry Bates, the story that the movie "The Day The Earth Stood Still" was based on.

A few small tears, small stain, and a pencil mark FC, 1/4" piece out of lower spine strip, 1" tear upper BC. Still displays very nicely, sharp interior.

I want $35 for this one.

asurprise.jpg

Wrong scan... :gossip:

:foryou:

Jet Aces 1

Tape, a few minor chips. A G, but a pretty, high end G. Nice reading copy of an obscure Fiction House book. Overstreet 3.0 is $24, I want $10

jetaces1.jpg

Secret Mysteries 17

Obscure precode horror, Fass cover. Spine is taped, so it's a G but a nice G.

Overstreet 2.0 is $20, yours for $12

asecretmysterie.jpg