• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What did you get from your Secret Santa?

150 posts in this topic

I know most people won't be able to reply to this until AFTER Christmas, but since I'm Jewish--and thus celebrate Chanukah and not Christmas--I got to open my gift yesterday!

4183014710_e9b20f6b97_b.jpg

I got a bunch of Green Lantern and a few Batman toys from Bill, aka Pink181! These are all awesome toys, and I had none of them! :headbang: Thanks so much hon! :foryou:

So, what did the rest of you get? :whee:

Apparently my secrets santa recipient who hardly ever comes on the boards has recieved his gift and opened it, here is my P.M. from him.

So here comes this priority mail box, looking like so many other priority mail boxes filled with comics that I've purchased on these boards. I open it, see the contents, and think, "Wow, this was a GREAT purchase! When did I buy these? Must have been a while ago." And - because this happened at my office - I put the box down and go back to work.

But something is bothering me. I KNOW that in the past few months I have read (more than once) the entry on Amazon for exactly the Alan Moore book that was in the box that just arrived. Why was I thinking of buying that book via Amazon when I had apparently bought it on the boards? And those MAX books . . . I remember buying just about whatever MAX book when I saw them, but I don't clearly remember purchasing the books in that box . . .

doh!!!! That's my Christmas present in there!!!! From my secret Santa on the boards!!! What a great and perfect surprise!!!

Thank you, David, very much. The books are fantastic and much appreciated additions to the collection, and will be read and enjoyed. And in the "karma" category you should know that your thoughtfulness inspired me to take some additional time with the gift for my "secret Santa".

I hope you have a wonderful Christmas and a happy and healthy 2010. And I will look for you on the boards to exchange greetings along the way.

Thanks again.

Joe

A little early Joe,but Im glad you liked it. :cloud9:

I'll bet your in the minority there Lauren.......prob just a clever ploy to have a reason to open your gifts early :baiting:

It's cool I'm used to being a minority here. :baiting:

What was on your want list? (shrug)

I'll bet your in the minority there Lauren.......prob just a clever ploy to have a reason to open your gifts early :baiting:

It's cool I'm used to being a minority here. :baiting:

What was on your want list? (shrug)

Toys! Delicious toys!

So much for the "Secret" in Secret Santa...everyone seems to know who they got the gifts from.

Yes, Santa. :foryou:

Yours was just because....my Forum Secret Santa present still has to make it all the way to Europe.

Apparently my secrets santa recipient who hardly ever comes on the boards has recieved his gift and opened it, here is my P.M. from him.

So here comes this priority mail box, looking like so many other priority mail boxes filled with comics that I've purchased on these boards. I open it, see the contents, and think, "Wow, this was a GREAT purchase! When did I buy these? Must have been a while ago." And - because this happened at my office - I put the box down and go back to work.

But something is bothering me. I KNOW that in the past few months I have read (more than once) the entry on Amazon for exactly the Alan Moore book that was in the box that just arrived. Why was I thinking of buying that book via Amazon when I had apparently bought it on the boards? And those MAX books . . . I remember buying just about whatever MAX book when I saw them, but I don't clearly remember purchasing the books in that box . . .

doh!!!! That's my Christmas present in there!!!! From my secret Santa on the boards!!! What a great and perfect surprise!!!

Thank you, David, very much. The books are fantastic and much appreciated additions to the collection, and will be read and enjoyed. And in the "karma" category you should know that your thoughtfulness inspired me to take some additional time with the gift for my "secret Santa".

I hope you have a wonderful Christmas and a happy and healthy 2010. And I will look for you on the boards to exchange greetings along the way.

Thanks again.

Joe

A little early Joe,but Im glad you liked it. :cloud9:

Well done! ... except for the not-wrapping-the-present part. :makepoint:

So much for the "Secret" in Secret Santa...everyone seems to know who they got the gifts from.

It's always been secret only until the gift is open. From the Exchange Details:

"Am I supposed to sign who my gift was from? Yes, you should - your identity is only secret till they open their gift"

It's always been secret only until the gift is open. From the Exchange Details:

"Am I supposed to sign who my gift was from? Yes, you should - your identity is only secret till they open their gift"

Bingo

But it's more fun when they don't know who its from?

Its funny to get into a flame war with person and then mention I hope you liked your Batman gifts.

They totally change most of the times

Its funny to get into a flame war with person and then mention I hope you liked your Batman gifts.

So you intentionally get into flame wars just to pull a fast one and remind them of your Secret Santa gift? If that doesn't say Merry Christmas, nothing does.

:baiting:

So you intentionally get into flame wars just to pull a fast one and remind them of your Secret Santa gift? If that doesn't say Merry Christmas, nothing does.

:baiting:

Oh, I'd call it something alright, but it sure wouldn't be "Merry Christmas."