• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

High-Grade Miller Daredevils

46 posts in this topic

Boy, you really screwed that "one buyer" - talk about gambling stories!

YOU SHOULDNT BE SO HARD ON THAT ONE BUYER HIS NAME IS BRONZE BRUCE13 HE BOUGHT THE 163 AND THE 167 FROM ME! ITS AMAZING SUCH ACCUSATIONS ARE MADE OF ME AS A BUYER MY NAME SPEAKS FOR ITSELF AND I HAVE NEVER SCREWED ANYONE SELLING THEM A COMIC BOOK THEY ARE PREPARED TO PAY BIG DOLLARS FOR!

Davidking623

Since you brought it up, a little history...

Sorry I couldnt help myself!

My best friend was teaching me how to be a electrician and he commonly used its not rocket science Dave! So when Divad ( in case you havent figured it out Divad is David spelled backwards) said that, I just couldnt resist!

Davidking623

Isn't 169 harder to come by in higher grades due to spine problems? I seem to recall reading that on these forums at some point.

Good Call!... forgot about that. There was indeed a thread on the topic... and the lack of 9.6/9.8's presently supports that. As Pimp brought up, the additional staples sure didn't help some copies.

Paul Litch mentioned that 168 also had a production flaw that is present in a high percentage of the books... cover overhang (overflash, thanks Rob). He offered that many of the168's he graded had damage to the portions that extended past the interior pages as explanation as to why 168 was not common even 9.6 at the time.

It looks like you've got both defects common to that book, the overflash problems that BB is talking about and the all too common ink smudges.

...not to mention multiple color-breaking creases along the right edge...