• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sorry for being stupid, but why didn't Marvel...

7 posts in this topic

A deal certainly could have been put together, but at the time (as is likely the case now) Marvel's business plan was focused on producing books of characters that are/were owned by them. It would have been a good fit for the EPIC line in the mid-80's, for as I recall, there were several books produced where the creators retained all the rights to the stories/charactes.

Offer to ''reprint'' Marvelman for the states from the begining? (shrug)

Dez Skinn (editor of Warrior) took Marvelman to both Marvel and DC in 1983 but neither were interested. Marvel, (and this is where the irony is thick enough to spread on toast re the recent purchase), then proceeded to sue Skinn for copyright infringement over the 1984 Marvelman Special.

Dez then took it to a number of independant publishers, and it was originally going to be Pacific in a run of titles, however, I believe they got cold feet (or went bust) and Miracleman was published by Eclipse.

I have seen mock-ups of "Miracleman" no.1 called "Marvelman". So the change must've been quite late on.

Even more ironic is that Miracleman has already appeared in the Marvel Universe, Earth 616 - making a future Marvelman meets Miracleman story entirely plausible.

Even more ironic is that Miracleman has already appeared in the Marvel Universe, Earth 616

Really? Where and when was this?

Here is a listing for said issue. http://cgi.ebay.com/X-MEN-ARCHIVES-4-DEATH-OF-MIRACLEMAN-ALAN-MOORE_W0QQitemZ270501938626QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item3efb2c05c2