• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How much of a grade drop would a sketch give?

6 posts in this topic

We all know that an unverified sig would yield as a defect if it is submitted with a verified sig on the same book. My question is would an unverified sketch be considered a bigger defect than a signature?

I dont know but how do you verify and sig in the 1st place?

By having a CGC SS witness see it signed.

And I think the book would get a GLOD.

I'm fairly certain it would get a yellow label to reflect the witnessed sig however the unwitnessed sig would be considered a defect and the grade would take a hit.

I have a book that has a sketch cover and the work was unwitnessed. So if I send that book to a witness to get signed it would follow that it would get a yellow label with the sketch being viewed as a defect.

I was curious if the sketch would be considered a "bigger defect" than a signature would.

We all know that an unverified sig would yield as a defect if it is submitted with a verified sig on the same book. My question is would an unverified sketch be considered a bigger defect than a signature?

I dont know but how do you verify and sig in the 1st place?

By having a CGC SS witness see it signed.

And I think the book would get a GLOD.

(thumbs u

Signed books that are sent in without the aid of a CGC witness receive a green label. Personally, I have never seen a sketch outside of a yellow label. If anyone has had a sketch done and submitted without an authorised CGC witness being present, please post the results.