• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

THREAD Closed, invoices will be sent on Friday thanks!

106 posts in this topic

Will there be an "OMG I can't believe we had to give up Cliff Lee I am so depressed" clearance sale? :wishluck:

lol

Nah, it waas the right move. Cliff Lee and the Phillies couldn't come to an agreement on a multi-year deal, and Halladay wanted to come to Philly.

So pressuming both pitchers are basically equal:

Cliff Lee: 1 year and doubtful he will be a Phillie after next year

or

Roy Halladay: 5 year deal and your Ace for a while

Easy.....RH

Trsut me I didnot want to see Cliff Lee leave but this was the smart move, and plus just because Cliff Lee was dominate this post season is not a guarentee he will be again.

Just look at Cole Hamels this year.

Halladay has been consistent his whole career and Cliffe Lee has not.

And they had too many lefties in the rotation anyway. This will be a little more balanced I think.

Will there be an "OMG I can't believe we had to give up Cliff Lee I am so depressed" clearance sale? :wishluck:

lol

Nah, it waas the right move. Cliff Lee and the Phillies couldn't come to an agreement on a multi-year deal, and Halladay wanted to come to Philly.

So pressuming both pitchers are basically equal:

Cliff Lee: 1 year and doubtful he will be a Phillie after next year

or

Roy Halladay: 5 year deal and your Ace for a while

Easy.....RH

Trsut me I didnot want to see Cliff Lee leave but this was the smart move, and plus just because Cliff Lee was dominate this post season is not a guarentee he will be again.

Just look at Cole Hamels this year.

Halladay has been consistent his whole career and Cliffe Lee has not.

And they had too many lefties in the rotation anyway. This will be a little more balanced I think.

The deal is not done yet, so maybe somehow we can keep Lee.

I AGREE 100% WITH THE TRADE, as along as it does not include JA. Happ or Kyle Drebeck.

They can give the whole farm team away except pitching.

I will :takeit: one more Word Series win next year and sell the farm in two seconds and have no remorse.