• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

popculturizm.com - WATCH OUT

3 posts in this topic

Thought I would share my experience with this online underground comic dealer, so that others may be spared from a loss like the one that I've had. I found the site a couple months back. They had a nice selection of underground books at reasonable prices.

I exchanged a couple of messages with the owner through eBay (eBay ID was provided on the site, which was popculturizm) and then decided to purchase two books. A copy of Funny Book #1 (NM) and a copy of Real Pulp Comics #1 (FN).

I got the books about two weeks later. The RPC #1 was about a VG- and the FB #1 was about a FN-. I figured a half grade on the RPC #1 was ok, but was pretty put off about the three and a half grade difference on the FB #1. I messaged the seller and he claimed to have pulled the wrong book. He asked that I send it back and he would ship the correct one and also take care of shipping.

I did as asked and then waited for my new copy. And waited some more. And waited some more. I exchanged a couple emails and was given a new excuse each time.

After four weeks, it reached a point where I felt the only option was to open a paypal claim (nearing the end of my 45 day window). Since the item was paid outside eBay and he has a tracking number from when he sent the books, I'm not confident that I'm going to get my money back. Yes, I supplied the tracking number with my paypal claim where I sent it back. However, I spoke to paypal and they didn't sound like they would rule in my favor (sure it does not help that it was paid with paypal funds and not a bank or credit card).

Needless to say, the follow-up email from the seller (never posted a comment in the claim) was full of f-bombs. Lesson learned. Hope this reaches someone before they hit this site looking for an underground score.

Proof positive for me yet again that the best place to buy is the forum where you've got guys that have been around for years and are well known as solid-stand-up sellers.

Why would I have not waited for Howard/Eggs to post a HG copy doh!