• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Saddest Comic Moments?

145 posts in this topic

Thanks. Gonna find them both to read. Love dogs and especially Krypto. I have a German Shepherd named Krypto. :) He is an alien.

He is from Germany :)

in that case, couldn't you just call him a Shepherd? ;)

No. Because there are other types of "shepherds" (King Shepherds, for instance). There are even American German Shepherds, believe it or not. Mine were born in Germany. Most German Shepherds are not.

Here is a question for you. If a caucasian man is born in South Africa and lives here, is he and his descendants African Americans? An albino "black" person is known as an African American, so it ain't the color. Is it?

Things can get confusing, can't they.

dammit.

maybe I'll just snap my fingers and say, "Here, puppy!"

(when I finally build a fence around my yard, I want a German Shepherd too... but one of the gray and black ones, not the black and orange... or whatever you call that color)

Ha Ha

They can be all black. All white. Black and tan. Black and red or a black marbeled type known as Sable.

No oranges I know of. Black and grey perhaps, but not what many are looking for.

Mine are black and red, like this.

germanshepherdpic.jpg

dammit.

maybe I'll just snap my fingers and say, "Here, puppy!"

(when I finally build a fence around my yard, I want a German Shepherd too... but one of the gray and black ones, not the black and orange... or whatever you call that color)

Ha Ha

They can be all black. All white. Black and tan. Black and red or a black marbeled type known as Sable.

No oranges I know of. Black and grey perhaps, but not what many are looking for.

Mine are black and red, like this.

germanshepherdpic.jpg

Damn that's a purdy dog.

:cloud9:

I have a litter being born today I think. My girl Vroni is digging and whining. A sure sign they are coming. I hope all goes well. My other female Hilda is a very good mother, but Vroni isn't so good at it. She seems to not know what to do with so many babies. With one or two she is okay, but with 9-11 she seems to get overwhelmed.

Like I would be under similar circumstances.

Last time, both girls had babies at the same time and we "gave" several of Vroni's to Hilda and all went well. We had to mark them first so that we knew which belonged to which mother. They do know their own babies but Hilda will accept any baby. She even accepted Rottweiller puppies once, in an emergency for a friend. If I was a dog, I would want Hilda as my mother. We knew she would be like that when we first got here at three months of age. We gave her a squeaky toy and she treated it like a baby. Mothering it. Vroni just ate her squeaky toys.