• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Should I report this guy to the Probation Thread?

167 posts in this topic

As far as I am concerned if cash doesn't exhange hands it is never a done deal. People will make offers and sometimes not come thru be it they have buyers remorse, are a dillhole or something came up that change their finacial situation.

To me its just part of the game.

I can't help but recall a similar thread recently where a buyer simply asked JoeyPost if "he would be willing" to do a deal at a certain price. Almost to a man, most people here agreed that this was a done deal and the tire kicker was worthless scum for not manning up and honoring his committment. Anyone that dared to suggest it wasn't a solid offer and acceptance was branded unethical and not to be trusted.

Now, here we have a MUCH more solid offer and acceptance and yet everyone is letting the buyer off the hook.

hm

Are the circumstances the same?

Joey is a pretty savvy seller and would likely not forget to disclose writing.

Backing out with no reason is different than backing out for writing on a book, which is a known peeve for some people.

Even though the seller could just be using it as an excuse to cover his buyer's remorse (and I'm not saying he is), writing on a book is a fairly acceptable reason to not buy a book.

A board member made an offer on a book I have for sale. I accepted the offer and he said he would pay this week. I get a message today asking for more pics cause he doesn't like writing on the cover. I tell him he should have asked this info before he made an offer. So, it happens there is writing on the back cover and he declines to finish the deal...Probation or what? I think this is a way of doing business.

why? No money exchanged hands did it? Big deal then. So the buyer got cold feet and backed out. In the real world this is what's called a tire kicker and at the end of the day it is THEIR money. Just relax already and consider yourself more informed when you sell again. Customer service 101 (thumbs u

So would you apply that logic to TFL?

I can't help but recall a similar thread recently where a buyer simply asked JoeyPost if "he would be willing" to do a deal at a certain price. Almost to a man, most people here agreed that this was a done deal and the tire kicker was worthless scum for not manning up and honoring his committment. Anyone that dared to suggest it wasn't a solid offer and acceptance was branded unethical and not to be trusted.

Now, here we have a MUCH more solid offer and acceptance and yet everyone is letting the buyer off the hook.

hm

(thumbs u

Jim

hm

I didn't support Joey on that one and if memory serves, I wasn't alone. A number of people suggested there were holes in the 'deal' that were sufficient to question the validity.

As I reckon there are here. (thumbs u

"Even though the seller could just be using it as an excuse to cover his buyer's remorse (and I'm not saying he is), writing on a book is a fairly acceptable reason to not buy a book."

TRUE...but why not ask those questions BEFORE you agree to buy the book?? Common sense.

What if this was Ebay...you clicked on buy it now...then asked questions later and changed your mind....

hm

Backing out with no reason is different than backing out for writing on a book, which is a known peeve for some people.

Even though the seller could just be using it as an excuse to cover his buyer's remorse (and I'm not saying he is), writing on a book is a fairly acceptable reason to not buy a book.

But why ask the question after acceptance of the bid was received? That's the issue here...

Jim

o my god the things people whine about on here drives me nuts.

this is a guy who basically decided that he didn't want the book before you took the time to pack it, before any money changed hands, before the book was taken off the market, before anything really happened of any consequence, right? what the **** is the problem here?

would you have rather sent the book off to the buyer and had him try and get a return and refund after discovering the writing on the back?

and lastly and most importantly; for trippy to complain about someone else's "unprofessionalism" in light of his ridiculous and public character assassinations of both Harley Yee and Susan Cicconi is laughable.

"Even though the seller could just be using it as an excuse to cover his buyer's remorse (and I'm not saying he is), writing on a book is a fairly acceptable reason to not buy a book."

TRUE...but why not ask those questions BEFORE you agree to buy the book?? Common sense.

What if this was Ebay...you clicked on buy it now...then asked questions later and changed your mind....

There are two equally valid points here and both buyer and seller could have done better. That is the long and short of it.

You didn't mention it.

He didn't ask.

All you had to do was provide a link to the pics in the grading forum when you were selling the book. I think the book looks WAY nicer in the large scans than in the tiny CGC scan.

I've mentioned to CGC several times that their tiny slab scans actually make many books look much worse.

and lastly and most importantly; for trippy to complain about someone else's "unprofessionalism" in light of his ridiculous and public character assassinations of both Harley Yee and Susan Cicconi is laughable.

Karma?

hm

If this is the same guy I am thinking of he PM'd me numerous times about an AF 15. Wanted front and back cover scans. Asked repeatedly if I could do better on an already way below GPA price on a key. Once I had sent all the scans and a price I never even received a reply of no thank you.

Not to hard to figure out who it is if you look at Trippys thread and look at the WTB forum. Seems like someone who likes to string people along, or a shill. Or both.

Karma?

I was thinking that it might be on purpose due to the writing being pretty obvious on the front cover and what happened with that video. But it is only an assumption.