• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Should I report this guy to the Probation Thread?

167 posts in this topic

@TrippyMcSkippy

Do you offer return privileges on the comics you sell? In my experience most sellers allow you to return the comic within 7 days for a “no questions asked” refund. It must arrive back in the condition it was sent out in. For example you ship the comic out to the buyer and he isn't satisfied with it because of the writing so you refund him in full minus shipping. That is just my experience.

Another question that pertains to something else. Does CGC no longer note rusted staples on the label? I saw where this Action #1 notes rusted staples; why doesn’t the Startling Comics 49?

Action%20Comics%20%231%20CGC%20VF+%208.5.jpg

0996066001.jpg

As I understand it CGC put less notes on the label once the switch was made to the new label, especially if it is an easily seen flaw visible through the slab.

Unseen interior defects might still garner a mention though. (shrug)

btw, this thread is very trippy.

So lets say I stop by every single sales thread in the marketplace and place a :takeit: so I can get first dibs and review the books within a weeks time and then decide whether or not I want to buy it.... would that work for everyone????

So lets say I stop by every single sales thread in the marketplace and place a :takeit: so I can get first dibs and review the books within a weeks time and then decide whether or not I want to buy it.... would that work for everyone????

:roflmao:

91353.jpg.5b5ebdcee6f474f102507495453d5db9.jpg

ummm...probably an "S".

In all seriousness. The potential buyer changed his mind and looked for an excuse to back out. If it would not have been writing, then it would have been something else.

It happens. IMO it does not rise to the level of probation. It just rises to the level of ones word and honor being suspect, but none of us are perfect. A simple "I apologize but things have come up and I can not purchased this book. The book is so sweet that I jumped the gun without thinking things through. I hope you understand."

Or something along those lines. Honesty is always the best policy.

If I was the seller in this situation, I would have just said "fine" and moved on. Without making a thread about it. Why embarass someone who (I am sure) already feels bad about this? No matter who it is here, they have to feel somewhat bad about this. Right?

While you're obviously leveling, you might be surprised that there are a few boardies that use the sales forum as an "approval service", one that allows them to examine books that are shipped to them and only then decide whether or not to commit to purchasing (or, as is often the case, returning) them.

This guy has been making me offers for the past 2 weeks...I just recently accepted his recent offer about 2-3 days ago. What irks me is he has been sending me offers all along giving me the impression he really wants this book...Once I accept he then asks for more pics and decides he doesnt want the book. Probabtion or not, still a VERY unprofessional way of doing things.

I don't see a picture now in your original thread. I DID see a small picture of the front when I first looked...a very small picture, I had looked at it many times because I was interested in the book, but the staples concerned me, so I finally decided not to make an offer..All you had posted in the original thread, was this information

"Startling Comics 49 CGC 4.5,,,$1800 postage paid."

When Povertyrow mentioned your "spare a grade thread" I went back and looked and saw this.

"There is obvious rust on the staples. It does migrate some throughout the book, but slightly at the centerfold. Solid book...Any ideas on a potential grade? I am guessing around a 4.5-5.0? i didnt realize how the scanner REALLY shows the imperfections...looks better in hand even though its not...:( "

Had I seen that information in your sales thread, I would have just looked once, your original information would have made me decide to wait. My GUESS is, the person who made the offer...was very excited about the book...told someone else, who pointed them to the other thread with the nice big pictures and your accurate description...and once they saw that information, they got cold feet.

If you had posted the original information you had on the Spare a grade thread, it would be different, I would see no reason for the person not to follow through, you had great scans of the front and back and a good description. I see many people post the SAME information from the Spare a grade threads in their sales threads...and it works well.

. We shouldn't expect people to have to do a search each time that they look at a book, ALL the information should be disclosed, I'm sure you just didn't think about it when you posted, since you did have the information on another thread, it was probably fresh in your mind, but it was not in the SALES thread.

I'm not saying either of you are completely correct...I'd just call it a mistake on both sides and let it go. You may wind up with more on Ebay...good luck!

While you're obviously leveling, you might be surprised that there are a few boardies that use the sales forum as an "approval service", one that allows them to examine books that are shipped to them and only then decide whether or not to commit to purchasing (or, as is often the case, returning) them.

I'm not following you here. Are you saying some members are having comics shipped to them before paying? Then will decide to buy them after having them in hand?

As a seller, I'm not sure I'd be comfortable with that arrangement...

Jim

It happens. IMO it does not rise to the level of probation. It just rises to the level of ones word and honor being suspect, but none of us are perfect. A simple "I apologize but things have come up and I can not purchase this book. The book is so sweet that I jumped the gun without thinking things through. I hope you understand."

I'm saving this quote so the next time I post an :takeit: in a sales thread, I can simply copy and paste this comment in a PM to the seller and he'll totally forgive me for buying something I shouldn't have and want to back out of the deal. :/

I told you guys I could be really sarcastic. :D