• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What Is The Deal With Stealth Subjects Here?

64 posts in this topic

geez, who spit in your eggnog?

I hate eggnog

Yea me too.

Otherwise this thread is awesome.

Lauren, thank you very much for your support! I know you are quite popular with many here (not sure why the unusual amount of popularity - things you display like insightful posts and knowledge coupled with a good sense of humor often do not go far here) but for some reason the folk here have taken a liking to you. So anyone with that kind of power I welcome! :whee:

Frankly I don't think I'm popular, nor do I really contribute anything. I just like comic books, a lot. :cloud9:

She's not popular, she's female.

At least she says she is.

Apparently I've met her several times at cons but each time she looks a little different. I'm not sure it's actually her.

hm

I'm a very well paid actress! The real Baltimore Lauren is indeed a dude.

Or if you ask Ares Baltimore Lauren is really a tranny.

It really wasnt my fault that the top of the comic boxes reached my chest!

Dealers do that to keep kids and mites away from the high value books... :preach:

Thankfully I'm an adorable young lady, and not a kid nor a mite... :makepoint:

Dealers do that to keep kids and mites away from the high value books... :preach:

Thankfully I'm an adorable young lady tranny, and not a kid nor a mite... :makepoint:

Fixed that for you... :slapfight:

Thankfully I'm an adorable young lady tranny, and not a kid nor a mite... :makepoint:

I can't fool you, ever! :acclaim:

Perks of being an old fart... :preach:

Ghost fart, perhaps?

Ghost fart, perhaps?

Only his dry cleaner knows for sure.

Kudos to pov. Not a misspelled word in the entire post.

^^

Then I assume the quoted OP got the usage of "than" wrong?

But I feel ya Pov. I like to skim the subject lines and see if anything interests me before clicking.

I was talking spelling. Grammar is a whole other animal.

"GAWD" is not a word.

And "9.8...?" is a perfectly acceptable topic heading. So there. :P

I am convinced by the :P !

Yet, while convinced by the tongue lashing, as regards "9.8...?" ... it is the ellipses (one of the few correct ones seen here) that leads to the ambiguity. That simple ellipses makes one think of all possible permutations of the 9.8 topic. 9.8 census? 9.8 PQ? 9.8 color breaks? 9.8 QP? 9.8 prices? A subject such as "Is this a 9.8?" would be so much more direct. So much more pleasing to the eye and to the mind. :P

Oh yes - forgot to add: according to the Urban Dictionary "gawd" is:

A way of writing "Oh my God." while denoting that you're rolling your eyes at the same time.

slang term for "God" or "god"

Also used to avoid using the lords name in vain (ex "oh my gawd") 3) Used by non-secular people to attain the meaning of the words "God", "god", or any form of it.

The noise evangelical rednecks make when they are trying to say "God."

I know what the Urban dictionary says.

It's still not a word.

So there.

:P

(not sure why the unusual amount of popularity - things you display like insightful posts and knowledge coupled with a good sense of humor often do not go far here) but for some reason the folk here have taken a liking to you. So anyone with that kind of power I welcome! :whee:

:gossip: She's female...