• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What Is The Deal With Stealth Subjects Here?

64 posts in this topic

So many posts that have a title that is totally unrevealing of the topic.

Are you THAT subjective that you don't realize you are posting to folks who have, based on your subject title, no idea what the spoon you are talking about? Are your wees wees too small so you need special attention? Do you think your topic is so titillating that the mere obscurity of the title will lead us chomping at the bit with excitement at the prospect of your words?

Consider such gems as

Pro's and Con's of, 9.8...?,

After reading another thread ....

I starting wondering......

What's The Name Of That Book.....?

I just don't understand.....,

It's Friday folks....so how about...

Oh, by the way. Those dots you are desperately trying to incorporate are referred to as an ellipses , which consists of THREE dots. Not four or five or whatever but THREE.

Now look at this subject by homerwannabee -

"If pressing is only detectable when done by amateurs, than why not purple?"

My GAWD that just encapsulates the very HEART of the topic in one beautifully expressed sentence.

Or the one by Mike Bray

"Why quote GPA on ungraded books ????"

Such Subject titles are wonderful to behold. They express the very core of the thread without having to wonder, instead of looking at something like "If my calculations are correct . . . " and wondering what the hell it is about and then clicking and realizing you don't GIVE a poop.

So really - What Is The Deal With Stealth Subjects Here?

Kudos to pov. Not a misspelled word in the entire post.

^^

^^^^

Seriously tho...for these boards, that is an accomplishment! :golfclap:

You mean you're not...

Thank you, my chocolate flavored drink friend, for a wonderful example! I miss Bosco in the jar. Now it is just in these dumb plastic squeeze bottles (or baw-uls if you have a glottable stop (or glaw-ul stop).

^^

^^^^

Seriously tho...for these boards, that is an accomplishment! :golfclap:

Thank you my dear Watson - and friend xsmanx. I know you will find this difficult to believe but I actually had to edit it three times due to Aaron's unborn non-feminist daughter!

^^

Then I assume the quoted OP got the usage of "than" wrong?

But I feel ya Pov. I like to skim the subject lines and see if anything interests me before clicking.

I believe wees wees is actually spelled wee-wees. lol

It is a regional thang. Why, where I grew up (Watertown - suburb of Boston) the dictionary actually has the term "tonic" (which I used for for soda pop) as a Boston variant for soda pop! "Speakers in Boston and its environs have a term of their own: tonic."

It is a regional thang. Why, where I grew up (Watertown - suburb of Boston) the dictionary actually has the term "tonic" (which I used for for soda pop) as a Boston variant for soda pop! "Speakers in Boston and its environs have a term of their own: tonic."

From Watertown myself, small world

Yowser. I was on Morse Street. Right on the line between Watertown and Newton (actually that part of Newton used to be called "The Lake"). I often wonder how much it has changed over the years (last time I saw Watertyown was about 15 years ago - after much construction in Watertown Square.

Pov, I started the Friday thread and I did it in an ambiguous way to draw people in...but I do agree with your point 100%.

A little more time and care into informative thread titles AND posts would add a world of goodness to this place.

(thumbs u

Yowser. I was on Morse Street. Right on the line between Watertown and Newton (actually that part of Newton used to be called "The Lake"). I often wonder how much it has changed over the years (last time I saw Watertyown was about 15 years ago - after much construction in Watertown Square.

Watertown Square is a lot better than it was, I grew up off of Charles River Road so I was like right there. Although I no longer live there, kinda nice to see that it hasn't changed much

It hasn't changed much. Still just a hole to buy in sandwich in before stopping off to see Steve Higgins. :baiting:

Or Russos. :sumo: