• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Iconic covers

22 posts in this topic

I would think there are quite a few 80s iconics. Many a Zeck cover (Cap, Secret Wars, ASM Punisher etc). Byrne covers FF243 for example). Even some oddball stuff from magazines, posters, or overstreet guides would be killer. How about Batman 366. A detailed Groo/Aargones poster would be unreal. Not to mention Sienkowitz (sp?) painted covers (love him or hate him, some of the What If's and Moon Knights were pretty good stuff)

Granted, by price it wouldn't match an ASM 252 but I'd rather own it as a work of art.

I would think there are quite a few 80s iconics. Many a Zeck cover (Cap, Secret Wars, ASM Punisher etc). Byrne covers FF243 for example). Even some oddball stuff from magazines, posters, or overstreet guides would be killer. How about Batman 366. A detailed Groo/Aargones poster would be unreal. Not to mention Sienkowitz (sp?) painted covers (love him or hate him, some of the What If's and Moon Knights were pretty good stuff)

Granted, by price it wouldn't match an ASM 252 but I'd rather own it as a work of art.

Oh yes...Zeck laid his stamp on the 80's in a major way. Many of the covers he did with Bob McLeod are burned into my Brain.

I love the Cover to ASM #294. It was one of those rare times when an iconic cover was wrapped around an iconic story. The book matched it's cover so to speak.

AmazingSpider-Man294.jpg