• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Overrated Character - but others don't agree with you

160 posts in this topic

I would have to go with invincible. Ive only read to about issue 30 but i couldnt stand it.

That's way many more issues than I would give a title I didn't like :o

Which is why I asked why didn't he like it? I've heard good things.

Try it. It's a good read.

1. Venom. This character has no place in the Spidey mythos, which up to that point was a human drama masquerading as a superhero comic and not about intergalactic, parasitic, symbiote costumes. :mad:

2. Deadpool. Was anyone who is not a New Mutants #98 speculator actually interested or impressed by his totally lame cameo in the Wolverine film? Maybe I'll start my own dead pool, and put him on it, because his current popularity is going to tank after that movie bombs. :mad:

1. Venom. This character has no place in the Spidey mythos, which up to that point was a human drama masquerading as a superhero comic and not about intergalactic, parasitic, symbiote costumes. :mad:

2. Deadpool. Was anyone who is not a New Mutants #98 speculator actually interested or impressed by his totally lame cameo in the Wolverine film? Maybe I'll start my own dead pool, and put him on it, because his current popularity is going to tank after that movie bombs. :mad:

1. I sorta agree with you there. I think he would be better as a sci-fi supervillain. Maybe against Nova or Green Lantern. (can you imagine Venom as a red lantern!)

2. From what my sister tells me ''Deadpool'' was the only good thing about that movie (up until they turned him in to Deadpool X)

I would have to go with invincible. Ive only read to about issue 30 but i couldnt stand it.

That's way many more issues than I would give a title I didn't like :o

Which is why I asked why didn't he like it? I've heard good things.

Try it. It's a good read.

Maybe it wasnt 30, im not for sure.But i am sure ive been hitting the wine hard this evening. I had all the trades on loan from a friend. They came very highly recommended, give them a try. A lot of people like it and tell me im crazy but i read spawn so im used to it. (shrug)

I'm surprised the entire industry isn't burned out on Venom with as much material that came out about this character

slow day today :devil:

Gambit is on top of my list

I will never get it. His introduction was near the end of my X-men collecting days. I really didn't care for him back then and even today, I don't get the fascination of many people with this character. When the fanboys were lobbying him to be in the 3rd X-men movie, I thought it was stupid and then when the studio squeezed him in the Wolverine movie, I hate him even more. Not that it makes the movie any worse or better, it was just plain stupid in my opinion.

What are yours?

etanick

:baiting:

Always found Elektra to be a one-dimensional cipher that didn't even cut it as DD's love-interest.

Wow, Wow, and she even wore red. I thought she was spectacular.