• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Overrated Character - but others don't agree with you

160 posts in this topic

1. Venom. This character has no place in the Spidey mythos, which up to that point was a human drama masquerading as a superhero comic and not about intergalactic, parasitic, symbiote costumes. :mad:

Yeah, just like radioactive spiders biting nerdy teenagers giving them "spider" powers happens everyday on earth :eyeroll:

Or a guy who gets hit with a nuclear blast on a beach on a atomic testing island turning into a sand-creature that can form any shape he pleases.

Or another guy who gets hit by lightning while on telephone pole magically acquires that ability shoot electricity from his body.

Science fiction has no place in a Spider-Man comic that is for sure...

On topic:

Sentry. I hate this lame-@$$ed ripoff of Superman. He has absolutely no place in the Marvel Universe. I hate the whole use of "ret-con" to make him an established character with familiarity to all the major players but he was mysteriously able to "hide" his memory.

Luke Cage (Power Man, Tiarra-dude, etc.). I don't get the angle here. Marvel was reaching out to minorities in the 70's. Good move. Bad character. This guy would have made a better villian than a hero. The whole let's hook him up with a self-hating alcoholic white chick and have an illegitimate child story was weak. Don't get me started about the fact that they yet again re-wrote history and inserted this chick into the Spidey-mythos....LAME.

Iron Fist. One word. LAME. If you are gonna bring the Kung-Fu element into the MU, why not use an acutal guy from that part of the world? Why not model them after the most popular Kung Fu master of the time - Bruce Lee?

Sentry. I hate this lame-@$$ed ripoff of Superman. He has absolutely no place in the Marvel Universe. I hate the whole use of "ret-con" to make him an established character with familiarity to all the major players but he was mysteriously able to "hide" his memory.

He's a ripoff of MIRACLEMAN. :taptaptap: Who was a ripoff of Captain Marvel (Shazam) who was a ripoff of Superman. :makepoint:

He's a ripoff of MIRACLEMAN. :taptaptap:

If you say so - either way LAME! ;)

Thor.

I say thee nay!!

Old goldylocks needs a haircut he looks like a girlyboy.

Yes Im overexaggerating. But heck, when is he going to learn modern english??

Has AH-NOLD learned modern English??

Thor.

I say thee nay!!

Yeah, the whole ye olde English just doesn't fit. Shouldn't he talk like a Sweede?

Thor.

I say thee nay!!

Really? His world is certainly a pretty great work of imagination and he has a terrific rougues gallery IMO. Guys with long hair are cool too.

:grin:

Thor.

I say thee nay!!

Really? His world is certainly a pretty great work of imagination and he has a terrific rougues gallery IMO. Guys with long hair are cool too.

So Supermullet was cool? hm

Thor.

I say thee nay!!

So Supermullet was cool? hm

No :sumo:

Superman.

I "respect" the character for being so important to the industry, but outside of that I don't care for him.

Sometimes I agree, but other times not so much...

In one of the Jim Lee issues, Superman is confronted by the elementals who are the embodiment of earth. They are huge and he is hovering in front of them all tiny and stuff.

They want him to leave earth or they will kill the entire population of earth.

He starts talking all badass about how he will react to that. "I will dry up the oceans" etc..

and his last line is "and in the end, I will still be here"

It gave me chills. Amazing stuff.

Punisher, Wolverine, Deadpool and Cable.
Punisher has a stupid costume and probably shouldn't interact with spandex superheroes, but the character has potential. He could have been the perfect blend of Falling Down, Death Wish, and Rambo.

Read the Ennis Punisher before you label the character overrated. (thumbs u

The Ennis Max series and The End Limited Edition are awsome reads.

Even if your not a punisher fan, I think most people would enjoy all of these stories.

Word is born!

Wolverine. I just don't see the appeal at all.

Heresy...

His appeal is easy. He is an anti-hero. Young boys (and grown-, goat wearing, paunch-having, middle age men) like to be bad boys, kick arse and yet still be one of the good guys

Thor.

I say thee nay!!

+1 :headbang: