• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BA and SA lots -- DC, Marvel, Chartlon, Atlas-Seaboard, Gold Key, more! REDUCED

31 posts in this topic

Whoops...got caught up in watching the somewhat embarrassing (and very NON-rocking) "Kennedy Center Honors" show tonight with the wife, so I'll be listing the new books tomorrow instead. Sorry for the delay!

New lots (and maybe a single book are two) are coming up in an hour or so. And for tonight only, take 20% OFF all remaining lots from earlier in the thread. And purchases of $25 or more still ship FREE in the US.

Captain Marvel and Warlock lot: Sharp copies of some of THE best superhero comics of the '70s, with stories and art by the great Jim Starlin. I recently upgraded some of these, so I'm hoping they find a good home.

This lot includes the following:

• Captain Marvel #27 -- VF- (looks generally VF/NM, but there's a very small nick on the spine by CM's leg in the logo area).

• Captain Marvel #28 -- VF+ (ncb indentations near Thanos's nose; cover colors are deep and bright).

• Captain Marvel #31 -- VF/NM (best cover in Starlin's run imho).

• Warlock #15 -- VF+ (another classic Starlin cover, with 100% Starlin interiors...pencils and inks!).

$60 for the lot.

CAP-MARV27.jpg

CAP-MARV28.jpg

CAP-MARV31.jpg

WARLOCK15.jpg

SA TOS/Cap lot: Two of my favorite SA Cap covers, and VERY nice copies, too!

Lot includes the following:

• Tales of Suspense #94: I bought this from divad a year or more ago. It's a beautiful copy with a very high structural grade, rich cover colors, and bright, reflective inks. But, there's a small tape pull on the front cover near Sharon Carter's face/arm. This is a tough one to grade, so let's just call it "high grade with a distraction", and leave it at that! :grin:

• Captain America #111: Steranko's best Cap cover, and a stunning interior story, too. Steranko may have built his reputation on a very small number of books...but with artwork like this it's easy to see why! I'm calling this one an F/VF due to a dust shadow along the right-hand edge of the fc (the scan makes it look worse than it is in hand), and what appears to me to be a small production defect on the lower right-hand corner of the front cover and first several pages (a small amount of paper is missing), but it actually looks and feels A LOT nicer: flat and clean with tight staples, great interior paper, and minimal spine wear.

$65 for the lot.

TOS94.jpg

CAP111.jpg

And, the last book for tonight...

Detective Comics #395: Looks and feels NM- or so, but the bottom staple is popped. :frustrated: Now I know why they say that this one is super tough in high grade! Still, it's a sharp copy of an underrated Bronze Age DC key (and also one of my favorite Batman comics of all time!). Great, great stuff from the legendary team of O'Neil and Adams.

$60

DETECTIVE395-a.jpg

DETECTIVE395-b.jpg

Hey all...that's it for this thread. So let's bump the discount to 30% OFF, with the same FREE SHIPPING in the US for orders of $25 or more. I might be inclined to break up some of the lots, too, depending on what you want. So please feel free to PM me with offers.

Thanks again for looking, and HAPPY NEW YEAR to everyone!

Best,

Mikey

Hey all...here's what's left from this thread. Take 30% OFF the prices listed below and get FREE SHIPPING in the US for orders of $25 or more, or...

...take EVERYTHING below for $160 SHIPPED in the US, which is over 40% off the listed price for 60+ comics!!

Action Comics lot: 492 (Fine), 493 (Fine), 494 (Fine), 495 (Good), 496 (G/VG), 497 (Fine), 498 (VG/Fine), 499 (Fine+), 500 (VG).

$8 for the lot.

th_action492.jpg th_action493.jpg th_action494.jpg th_action495.jpg th_action496.jpg th_action497.jpg th_action498.jpg th_action499.jpg th_action500.jpg

Swamp Thing lot: 11 (VG), 12 (VF-, very sharp copy for the grade), 13 (VG). All with interior art by the vastly underrated Nestor Redondo!

$10 for the lot.

th_swampthing11.jpg th_swampthing12.jpg th_swampthing13-2.jpg

House of Mystery lot: Lots of great, early Wrightson work in these!

179 - Adams & Wrightson interior art. VG+. Looks a little nicer, maybe, but the bottom staple is popped. Very nice interior paper!

180 - Wrightson + awesome Gil Kane! Fair.

181 - Wrightson. Good.

183 - Wrightson. Good.

188 - Wrightson. Good-.

191 - Wrightson. Good.

195 - Cool Swamp Thing type story by Wrightson. Kaluta interior artwork, too! G/VG.

204 - Awesome Wrightson! VG/Fine.

221 - Wrightson/Kaluta! VG.

251 - Adams cover. VG+.

252 - Awesome Adams cover!. VG+.

253 - Adams cover, nice Gil Kane interior story. VG.

255 - Wrightson cover. G/VG.

256 - Wrightson Halloween cover. VG-.

$38 for the lot.

th_houseofmystery179.jpg th_houseofmystery180.jpg th_houseofmystery181.jpg th_houseofmystery183.jpg th_houseofmystery188.jpg th_houseofmystery191.jpg th_houseofmystery195.jpg th_houseofmystery204.jpg th_houseofmystery221.jpg th_houseofmystery251.jpg th_houseofmystery252.jpg th_houseofmystery253.jpg th_houseofmystery255.jpg th_houseofmystery256.jpg

Charlton/Modern Comics lot:

Captain Atom #85 (Modern reprint, Ditko, VF/NM).

Flintstones #20 (Fair).

Great Gazoo #1 (G/VG).

Six Million Dollar Man #1 (VG+).

Six Million Dollar Man #3 (VG/Fine).

Six Million Dollar Man #5 (VF/NM).

Six Million Dollar Man #7 (VF+).

Space Adventures vol. 2 #9 (1978, reprints Captain Atom origin by Ditko, VG+).

$12 for the lot.

th_captain-atom85.jpg th_flintstones2.jpg th_greatgazoo1.jpg th_sixmillion1.jpg th_sixmillion3.jpg th_sixmillion5.jpg th_sixmillion7.jpg th_space-adventures9.jpg

Atlas-Seaboard lot: Three of my favorite titles from this very strange '70s publisher!

• Destructor #1 (Fine-), 2 (VG+, water stain), 3 (VG) -- the Ditko/Wood art in #1-2 is incredible! Very underrated BA hero series!

• Morlock 2001 #1 (Fine).

• Planet of Vampires #1 (VG+, ink and grease pencil on cover), 2 (Adams cover, ink on cover), 3 (fantastic cover and interior artwork by Russ Heath, ink on cover, Fine-).

$8 for the lot.

th_destructor1.jpg th_destructor2.jpg th_destructor3.jpg th_morlock2001-1.jpg th_planetofvampires1.jpg th_planetofvampires2.jpg th_planetofvampires3.jpg

Misc. humor/EC/underground lot: For some reason, this grouping made sense to me. Plenty of great stories and art in all of these, obviously: Wood, Crandall, Everett, Ditko, Williamson, Davis, Crumb, Severin, Bill Ward, and more. Includes the following:

• Cracked Digest 1 (VG), 3 (VG) -- new Ditko material in both.

• East Coast Comics "EC Classic" reprints from the early '70s: #2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 9, 10, 12 -- reprinting Crime SuspenStories 25, Haunt of Fear 12 & 23, Shock SuspenStories 2, 6 (Classic cover by Wood), 12, Two Fisted Tales 34, Weird Fantasy 13, and Weird Science 15. All are in the Good range with spine rolls. But they're complete and readable!

• Mad Magazine 77 (3/63, cfo, still lots of good reading), 80 (7/63, long film parody story by Wood. VG-, complete).

• Zap Comix 0 -- later "Last Gasp" reprint (mid '70s maybe?, VG+).

$18 for the lot.

th_cracked-digest1.jpg th_cracked-digest3.jpg th_EC-crimesusp25.jpg th_EC-hof12.jpg th_EC-hof23.jpg th_EC-ss12.jpg th_EC-ss2.jpg th_EC-ss6.jpg th_EC-tft34.jpg th_EC-wf13.jpg th_EC-ws15.jpg th_mad77.jpg th_mad80.jpg th_zap0.jpg

Captain Marvel and Warlock lot: Sharp copies of some of THE best superhero comics of the '70s, with stories and art by the great Jim Starlin. I recently upgraded some of these, so I'm hoping they find a good home.

This lot includes the following:

• Captain Marvel #27 -- VF- (looks generally VF/NM, but there's a very small nick on the spine by CM's leg in the logo area).

• Captain Marvel #28 -- VF+ (ncb indentations near Thanos's nose; cover colors are deep and bright).

• Captain Marvel #31 -- VF/NM (best cover in Starlin's run imho).

• Warlock #15 -- VF+ (another classic Starlin cover, with 100% Starlin interiors...pencils and inks!).

$60 for the lot.

th_CAP-MARV27.jpg th_CAP-MARV28.jpg th_CAP-MARV31.jpg th_WARLOCK15.jpg

SA TOS/Cap lot: Two of my favorite SA Cap covers, and VERY nice copies, too!

Lot includes the following:

• Tales of Suspense #94: I bought this from divad a year or more ago. It's a beautiful copy with a very high structural grade, rich cover colors, and bright, reflective inks. But, there's a small tape pull on the front cover near Sharon Carter's face/arm. This is a tough one to grade, so let's just call it "high grade with a distraction", and leave it at that! :grin:

• Captain America #111: Steranko's best Cap cover, and a stunning interior story, too. Steranko may have built his reputation on a very small number of books...but with artwork like this it's easy to see why! I'm calling this one an F/VF due to a dust shadow along the right-hand edge of the fc (the scan makes it look worse than it is in hand), and what appears to me to be a small production defect on the lower right-hand corner of the front cover and first several pages (a small amount of paper is missing), but it actually looks and feels A LOT nicer: flat and clean with tight staples, great interior paper, and minimal spine wear.

$65 for the lot.

th_TOS94.jpg th_CAP111.jpg

Detective Comics #395: Looks and feels NM- or so, but the bottom staple is popped. :frustrated: Now I know why they say that this one is super tough in high grade! Still, it's a sharp copy of an underrated Bronze Age DC key (and also one of my favorite Batman comics of all time!). Great, great stuff from the legendary team of O'Neil and Adams.

$60

th_DETECTIVE395-a.jpg th_DETECTIVE395-b.jpg