• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sketch Commission Price Guide

28 posts in this topic

yea they all vary but its nice to see what your getting into, some artists are just more high end then others

That is very true Arjuna...... man I hate your signature line. And looks like you changed it again...you should um...let go some of those books.

sorry to tell you mi amigo, but your only going to hate me even more next year :devil:

well some artist are more busy then others, and if you are interested in a few, but can't afford to get them all, then what's it matter which you get the sketch from, as long as it's from the list you want

5-6 artist you want sketchs from....but can only afford 2, who cars what 2

but if you want 1-2, an no others....then looks like it might be hit or miss if it's one of thoes 1 day shows

i know a few of my sketchs at local 1 day shows i got the sketch right before the show was over, but yet i asked/paied when the show started

yea they all vary but its nice to see what your getting into, some artists are just more high end then others

That is very true Arjuna...... man I hate your signature line. And looks like you changed it again...you should um...let go some of those books.

sorry to tell you mi amigo, but your only going to hate me even more next year :devil:

that's okay, we can hate on each other.

Here is something you should think about some artist can be very busy because they take longer ( there is nothing wrong with this it just lowers production). I had Mike Hoffman do 2 convention sketches for me ( full figure pencil and ink in about an hour). He was busy with request all day. But he produced some really nice work for a super low price in a very small amount of time. Granted it wasn't watercolor or oils like the majority of the commissions he does in his studio but those take him days and cost much more. So you might also try to figure out which artist produce good work at a fast rate.

well ill give you quotes that i know based on my experiences:

David Finch

-Head 60$

-Bust 100$

-Torso 150$

-Full fig 200$

Coipel:

-Bust 150$

-Full fig 250$ (might have been 225 i cant remember what he said when i asked)

Bob Layton

-2 full fig 250$

Jim Cheung

-Headsketch 125$

-Full fig 225$

Mike Deodato

-Full fig 40$

Ethan Van Sciver

-Bust 60$

-Full fig 100$

Marko Djurdevic

-Head shot 100$

Alex Maleev

- He charges different everytime, from my experience if you seem confident and have a price in mind he'll do it for that price

-Full fig color 100$

Brandon Peterson

-Full fig full background 250$

Ivan Reis

-Bust 100$

Terry Dodson

-150$ for a bust i think

Mike Choi

-Head shot 40$

Agnes Garbowska

-I might be a bit off but i think its 40$ for a color full fig and then 5$ extra for every extra character

Mike Perkins

-Bust 60$

Lienil Yu

-Bust 100$

Alex Saviuk

-Full fig full color 175$

Barry Kitson

-FREE

Phil Jiminenz

-FREE

Richard Isanov (?) (colorist and penciler for Dark Tower)

-FREE

hmI wonder how much for a full fig? .......
Mike Choi has gone up and is doing sketches for 60 now. I think he was trying to pay for his wedding or something (shrug)

I definitely agree that these can change from show to show. The full size Jim Cheung pieces were $275 at the 2009 Wizard Chicago show (and worth every penny - he does amazing work).

The last time I managed to get a full fig from Ethan Van Sciver was a couple years ago in Chicago and it was $200. Not sure if he is still doing those at cons or not...I know he's not taking any of the larger/take-home commissions that he used to do anymore, but I haven't seen him at a con since then. He does do great free head shots in HC's of his work!