• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Craziest Copper Age titles published

64 posts in this topic

So a few were discussing some of the crazy titles that came out of the Copper Age in a sales thread. It was interesting that someone thought these were fake titles even, it was so unbelievable.

1) Samurai Penguin.

2) Miami Mice.

3) Geriatric Gangrene Jujitsu Gerbils.

4) Hey, Boss (an unauthorized Bruce Springsteen that was horrible).

It seemed like anything that could get published, did. What did you find as some of the more zany?

Wasnt there some book called Chamelon Commandos. Also something like Mildly Microwaved Kung-Fu Gophers, Gnat Rat, Black-Belt Hamsters, Zell Sword Dancer, and the list could go on and on. I should know, I had boxes of the krap. But for some reason, I did hang on the my ten unread #1copies of Silent Invasion. It was actually a pretty good run.

DRX

Were these people on drugs when they created the books smiley-whacky116.gif

Possibly, but it seemed after the success of the Turtles everyone and their mother was trying to get a black and white book on the racks. The shelves were flooded with them every week with new ones coming out like gangbusters. Some only lasted a few issues and were gone. They seemed to dissapear about as fast as they came though. There were boxes full of this stuff at the cons in those days. You couldn't give it away.

DRX

TMNT was just as ridiculous a parody when it first came out, but unlike it's many clones, it actually was a good comic to boot. In the early/mid 80's all these titles actually had a high demand for a short while, then they made their way to the quarter bins. I love them.

An odd one I came across is called "Messiah"

53218732436.1.GIF

This was part one of a multi-part story, but the second issue had a totally different title. Never found out if a third installment was even made. Not too uncommon back then for a title to die off after an issue or two.

fat.jpg

Silverwolf

:cloud9:

capcon.jpg

I gotta get in my boxes and find that comic about the miami vice looking anamorphic unicorn cop. Can't remember the title.

Oh, and we caan't forget Fish Police!

the-fish-police-comic-scan-754019.jpg

Pre-Teen Dirty-Gene Kung Fu Kangaroos

Adult Thermonuclear Samurai Elephants (don't think this one got published)

Adolescent Radioactive Black Belt Hamsters

Cold-Blooded Chameleon Commandos

Karate Kreatures

Pre-Teen Dirty-Gene Kung Fu Kangaroos

Adult Thermonuclear Samurai Elephants (don't think this one got published)

Adolescent Radioactive Black Belt Hamsters

Cold-Blooded Chameleon Commandos

Karate Kreatures

I actually like that one.
(thumbs u

Yes, they actually do exist.

DRX

kungfugophers.jpg

lol

This era has some of the strangest titles.

Does anyone know what book the ad or couple pages for Adult Thermonucleur Samaurai Elephants was in?

I had the info at one point but have never been able to find it since then.

lol

Does anyone know what book the ad or couple pages for Adult Thermonucleur Samaurai Elephants was in?

POWER PACHYDERMS #1 (Sept. 1989), originally titled ADULT THERMONUCLEAR SAMURAI ELEPHANTS, was meant as a parody of Mirage's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, which was itself originally a parody of UNCANNY X–MEN and Frank Miller's run on DAREDEVIL

http://marvel.com/seventy_years/fact_of_the_day/goto/07-06

lol

Wouldnt a parody of a parody become a paradox :P

Thanks for the info. There was something else where there was like a 2 page comic found somewhere in an other series too.. Can't remember though. I recall it because I read it and then the origial seires to come got canceled because of law suits or soemthing to do with all that TMNT stuff.

lol

POWER PACHYDERMS #1 (Sept. 1989), originally titled ADULT THERMONUCLEAR SAMURAI ELEPHANTS, was meant as a parody of Mirage's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, which was itself originally a parody of UNCANNY X–MEN and Frank Miller's run on DAREDEVIL

http://marvel.com/seventy_years/fact_of_the_day/goto/07-06

God, I have a copy of Power Pachyderms.

doh!

Yes, they actually do exist.

DRX

kungfugophers.jpg

lol

I saw an ad for a 90's comic called "solar blading roller dudes". unfortunately, no such book was ever released. and i forgot which comic i was reading when i saw the ad.

No, a 'pair of docks' is a wharf. :whee:

lol

Wouldnt a parody of a parody become a paradox :P

Thanks for the info. There was something else where there was like a 2 page comic found somewhere in an other series too.. Can't remember though. I recall it because I read it and then the origial seires to come got canceled because of law suits or soemthing to do with all that TMNT stuff.