• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Craziest Copper Age titles published

64 posts in this topic

4) Hey, Boss (an unauthorized Bruce Springsteen that was horrible).

Yes it was. lol Do you know who has the Boss as of now? Anyone? Anyone?

Last we heard, that book made it to England and Gav had handed it off to Andrew to sign.

I need to follow up on that soon.

i really liked trollords, gnatrat and all the ad. rad blackbelt hamster stuff. and it shows ya how good miller daredevil was if 2 really good parodies came from it. i do think turtles borrowed heavily from dd as well as the tick...the evil ninja were the foot!..amazing

I would only argue that TMNT was a parody of Ronin. Being done by Miller at his prime and just after the Daredevil classics had some similarities.

X-men, maybe but at that time X-men influenced everything.

The parody was what Miller tried to do with Ronin which made Ronin suck so bad. OK, maybe it didn't suck but it had its weaknesses.

It was a conglomeration of all the popular books of the time.

Teenage = New Teen Titans

Mutant = X-Men

Ninja = Ronin

At least that's what I thought at the time it came out!

I would only argue that TMNT was a parody of Ronin. Being done by Miller at his prime and just after the Daredevil classics had some similarities.

X-men, maybe but at that time X-men influenced everything.

The parody was what Miller tried to do with Ronin which made Ronin suck so bad. OK, maybe it didn't suck but it had its weaknesses.

It was a conglomeration of all the popular books of the time.

Teenage = New Teen Titans

Mutant = X-Men

Ninja = Ronin

At least that's what I thought at the time it came out!

I never looked at it that wasy, but sounds very logical.

:applause:

Were these people on drugs when they created the books smiley-whacky116.gif

No, but the people who bought cases of this crapola were.

I can remember hitting the LCS during the Independent Craze, looking over a new pile of BA books that came in - removing stacks of high-grade 70's books at $1-$2 or less - and being *laughed* at by the local yokels for not spending that money on a case of whatever B&W excrement had flushed in that week.

These people were insane, and most were back for a taste of speculator fever in the 90's - one reason I never follow the crowd when it comes to hobbies.

I can remember hitting the LCS during the Independent Craze, looking over a new pile of BA books that came in - removing stacks of high-grade 70's books at $1-$2 or less - and being *laughed* at by the local yokels for not spending that money on a case of whatever B&W excrement had flushed in that week.

These people were insane, and most were back for a taste of speculator fever in the 90's - one reason I never follow the crowd when it comes to hobbies.

Looks like a lot of that crowd came back and are buying the latest cover variants as well. ;)

Looks like a lot of that crowd came back and are buying the latest cover variants as well. ;)

lol lol

Looks like a lot of that crowd came back and are buying the latest cover variants as well.

Yep, there's a never-ending line of suckers for comic book speculation. Just yell, "this book is HOT!", toss them the latest copy of Wizard, and stand back.

When I was like 8 years old Kris Silver used to show up at the LCS and talk me out of buying X-Men so I could buy his stuff instead. When I first took it home and cracked it open I looked like :o

Needless to say, he didn't need to do much convincing for me to pick up the next one lol