• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thread Closed

44 posts in this topic

Well, it's two days into the new year, and I'm broke, so it's time to sell a couple books.

:takeit:

rules the roost, but PM's are always welcome.

Shipping to US and Canada is $5.00, one book or a stack, and I'd prefer not to ship elsewhere, but if you absolutely MUST buy something that needs to be shipped elswhere PM me and we'll work something out.

Checks and MO's vastly preferred, but if you absolutely MUST pay with PayPal PM me and we'll work something out.

First up, Sherry the Showgirl 6, 1957 Atlas. Pretty copy, except that that this book has THE WORST case of Marvel Chipping I've ever seen. The entire RH edge is gone, along with a couple chips along upper FC, which may not be visible in the scan. Light tanning along open edges of cover, interior is tight and secure, with cream-offwhite pages. Overstreet in VG is $22, asking $12 SOLD!

sherry6.jpg

Flash 106, 6th overall appearance SA Flash, 2nd in his own title. Origin of Gorilla Grodd AND Pied Piper, listed as scarce in Overstreet. This copy is a solid enough copy, has a bit of spine wear, some large dogears, and a moderate amount of rubbing on LH BC, see scan. That being said, it presents reasonably well and has a tight cover and CF. Asking $200.

flash106fc.jpg

flash106bc.jpg

Flash 111, sharp VG+, minor spine wear, couple minor dogears. Nice gloss, tight cover and CF. Second appearance Kid Flash. $100 takes it.

flash111.jpg

Super Magician Comics V2 #12. Very sharp copy, if it wasn't for the dust shadows I'd call it a VF. As it is, I'm itching to see someone try the Wonder Bread trick on this issue to see if it'll lift any of the shadows. But not me, lol

Asking $75

super212fc.jpg

super212bc.jpg

After looking at the Super Magician scans, the dust shadows on the FC really don't show up like the one on the BC. There is a light narrow dust shadow along the upper edge, and a lighter, but much wider shadow along the RH edge. You can catch a whiff of both in the FC scan, but it's slightly more obvious when you have the book in hand.

Action Comics 27, and I don't care what Overstreet says, that sure looks like Lois Lane on the cover, lol

This copy is complete, but has tape on FC, spine, and along interior spine to first and last page. Light stain from lion's haunch to bottom of cover, should be visible in scan. A couple amateur color touches ( on TOP of the tape, lol LOL ) at upper spine FC, CF loose at lower staple. All that being said, it's an affordable, complete, very readable copy of an early Action. Grab it and run at $280. SOLD!

action27.jpg

Adventure 142, Shining Knight and Johnny Quick origins retold. Small piece out edge RH FC, tear lower LH FC. Your basic G reader. $40 takes it SOLD!

adven142.jpg

Suspense 4, early Atlas issue. Clean and square, but with a touch of wrinkle upper edge. (Cue the pressing thread!) Upper staple isn't QUITE pulled, but durned near, light rubbing, perhaps once a touch of dampness? along lower BC. Upper staple rusty, whiff of transfer to paper. $35 takes it SOLD!

suspense4.jpg

Suspense 4, early Atlas issue. Clean and square, but with a touch of wrinkle upper edge. (Cue the pressing thread!) Upper staple isn't QUITE pulled, but durned near, light rubbing, perhaps once a touch of dampness? along lower BC. Upper staple rusty, whiff of transfer to paper. $35 takes it

suspense4.jpg

:takeit: Thanks Rick!

Howdy Doody 1, 1949, early photo cover, first TV comic, listed as scarce in O'street. Nice copy, but has 1" split lower spine. Asking $150 firm

howdy1.jpg

Speaking of Lois Lane and cover appearances:

Action 29, first Lois Lane cover according to O'Street. This is a reading copy , front cover and interior are complete, but some mallethead has taped a nonmatching back to the book. Tape, tear last page gets into the art a bit, and like I said, wrong BC. Take it away for $225

action29.jpg

Strange Tales 51, Solid reading copy with Sub-type crease, dogears, general wear. Tight cover and CF. Bill Everett cover, and a REALLY early picture frame cover. Bronze picture frame collectors take note! $25 takes it

strange51.jpg

First up, Sherry the Showgirl 6, 1957 Atlas. Pretty copy, except that that this book has THE WORST case of Marvel Chipping I've ever seen. The entire RH edge is gone, along with a couple chips along upper FC, which may not be visible in the scan. Light tanning along open edges of cover, interior is tight and secure, with cream-offwhite pages. Overstreet in VG is $22, asking $12

sherry6.jpg

:takeit:

R. Crumb's The Yum Yum Book

1975 Hardcover by the great R. Crumb, this copy is in jacket, with bumped lower corners and a bit of rubbing at bottom of spine. Otherwise a very pretty copy of a comparitively scarce book. Sorry, you must be over 18 and send me an age statement to purchase this book. Yours for $90

yumyum.jpg

Hre's a rerun from my last thread.

The Arkham Sampler Winter 1949 Issue.

All science fiction issue, featuring many greats from the Golden Age of Science Fiction including Bradbury, Van Vogt, Sturgeon, Bloch, Leiber, and on and on.

This one is in sad shape, the front cover is detached and has chipping, the back cover is gone completely, light staining along outer edge, and the staples are rusty.

That being said, when have you ever seen another one?

$30 firm for this issue.

arkham.jpg