• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jive's "The JiveBaby is here, sell everything!" sales thread.

328 posts in this topic

Sub-Mariner Comics # 17 CGC 9.0 OW $3,495. Great Schomburg war cover.

So, I really wasn't planning on selling this one, but it looks a little odd in a collection with so few Timelys. Last war cover for the title features a dastardly group of Japs firing on an unarmed hospital ship....the cads! Only a single 9.4 (which likely hasn't been on the market in years), outranks it, making this the second best copy available. Price is strong, but heck, its the going rate for a Schomburg Timely War cover in super high grade. If it doesn't sell...no biggie...it just stays in the safe deposit box.

SubMarinerComics17cgc90f.jpg

Did you try cgcworld on this one? Might be up his alley.

West

Did you try cgcworld on this one? Might be up his alley.

I haven't solicited any private sales on these books...figure I'd give everyone a crack at 'em. Jim is on the Boards, if he is interested in the book, I'm sure he'll let me know. (thumbs u

damn dude, i'm tempted to pull the trigger on a book. :ohnoez: congrats on the baby again, jive. :golfclap:

Give in to temptation Elrod. :baiting:

well its either funds for a samsung HDTV, or a comic book. :juggle:

Get a better TV next holiday season when 240 mhz tvs will be much cheaper.

Well, there are books I'd buy to crack out, but it's tricky finding stuff like that these days.

I bought a Marvel Tales 1 today -- I'm sure that's going to be a crack party later...

I still buy TOSs and Caps... so I do watch these carefully when they go up raw or slabbed. Have a TOS 57 or 58?

Have a TOS 57 or 58?

Alas, no. :sorry:

The TOS 49 is a really nice book. Old school NM for sure. Its got a tiny staple tear that keeps it from being a 9.2, which it otherwise appears to be.

Colors on that copy are stunning. I'm sure it will look great in somebody's collection before too long.