• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jive's "The JiveBaby is here, sell everything!" sales thread.

328 posts in this topic

As those of you who saw my post in Comics General saw, my wife and I had a beautiful baby girl on December 30th. She is pretty amazing, and being my first child, has caused me to re-evaulate some of my financial priorities.

Mainly, I have two loans I want to pay off over the course of this year (a car loan, and the mortgage on our first home). So, I'm going to be putting together a sales thread full of top-notch certified goodies over the next week or two in hopes of generating some sales.

Here are some of the pertinent points of interest for this thread:

• Most of the material will be prime Silver and Bronze in very high grade. High quality scans will be posted as well so that you can make an informed buying decision.
  • Since many of the prices will reflect a "as-low-as-I'll-go" philosophy, the :takeit: guy rules. I'll consider offers via PM if you are interested in multiple (3-4 or more books).
  • Shipping is $8 for one book or $11 for 2-4 via USPS. Insurance is the responsibility of the buyer. Shipping to the UK and Canada is possible, at buyer's cost.
  • Paypal, checks, and MOs are all okay.
  • Since I want this thread to be at least modestly successful, I will be offering incentives and occasional freebies in addition to "below GPA" type pricing, so check back frequently.
  • I will, as always, disclose if a book has been pressed.
  • I will gladly consider time payment arrangments, however, due to a couple of recent flaky Forum members, I will have to insist on a 10% non-refundable deposit or some other guarantee to insure you follow through with your commitment.
  • What doesn't sell here will either be packaged off to be consigned on C-link or wholesaled off to a dealer. If you like what you see and the price you see it at, don't let it pass you by.

I'll start the thread sometime this morning or early afternoon, and will continue into the evening. I don't have an advance list of what will be available, but many of the books will be pulled from my eBay store (and the listing suspended, per Forum rules) and offered at a nice discount. There are also other books, like an entire shortbox of very high grade Captain Americas, which are not in the store but will be offered here.

Congrats again! Did you buy any books that came out that day so you could put a date stamp on them?

No. You can say I've been a bit preoccupied the last few days. :P

Thanks again to all the well wishers. And without further adieu, let's get this show started with a couple of nice books.

Congratulations Jive! And hello Jivebaby!

Now git to postin', you have diapers and formula to buy, and a college tuition fund to build!

Journey into Mystery # 96 CGC 9.6 OW/W (old label goodness) $1,895.

I recently won this book on ebay with what was essentially a tracking bid. All time GPA on this book ranges from $1,547 (what I paid) all the way up to $4,000. Obviously, I want to make a few bucks on it, but still pass it along at a very nice price. My guess is that this price will look cheap by next year when the movie comes out for an old label JIM in 9.6.

JIM96cgc96.jpg

Sgt Fury # 11 CGC 9.4 OW/W Western Penn $495.

Here is another book that I won for well under what I feel it should've gone for. It probably didn't help the seller that he put it up at a high starting price. Let's face it, ebay is also a horrible venue to getting real FMV for books like this. If it doesn't sell here, its off to C-link where I'm pretty confident it will do well because of its rarity.

Its one of the toughest of the early Furys, with only this copy in 9.4, and the Northland copy in 9.6; no others in 9.4 or better. According to GPA, a 9.2 sold in 2008 for $478....I don't think asking a few bucks more for a pedigree 9.4 is really out of line.

SgtFury11CGC94.jpg

Journey into Mystery # 96 CGC 9.6 OW/W (old label goodness) $1,895.

I recently won this book on ebay with what was essentially a tracking bid. All time GPA on this book ranges from $1,547 (what I paid) all the way up to $4,000. Obviously, I want to make a few bucks on it, but still pass it along at a very nice price. My guess is that this price will look cheap by next year when the movie comes out for an old label JIM in 9.6.

JIM96cgc96.jpg

(worship)