• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How much are the top collections worth?

16 posts in this topic

Now that UHG comic prices have escalated in price to significant levels and outperformed almost every other asset class in recent years...

How much are the top comic collections worth? Schmell, Brulato, the Dentist, and all the others that hold the most coveted books & collections in the hobby?

$2M...$5M...beyond?

Beyond. The Church Actions alone are realistically worth more much than 2M.

Seeing as the #1 would go for over than $2M by itself, this is a pretty good call.

Beyond. The Church Actions alone are realistically worth more much than 2M.

Seeing as the #1 would go for over than $2M by itself, this is a pretty good call.

I don't like to stick my neck out.

lol

Are these individuals high networth outside of their collections?

Only wondering because I wish it would be the case like stock holdings where the owners would sell a few of their gems every once in a while to "diversify their portfolio"...if only to see what these books would fetch on the open market or give others a shot at owning them!

Verzyl's collection of most of the Church Timelys is worth huge coin. Add to that all the other HG books he owns, ped and otherwise

The Church MC#1 which probably is a 9.8 would on its own be worth stupid money. The fact we have barely seen a Church Timley on the market for decades would make those books blow away any previous prices for similar grades.

Are these individuals high networth outside of their collections?

Only wondering because I wish it would be the case like stock holdings where the owners would sell a few of their gems every once in a while to "diversify their portfolio"...if only to see what these books would fetch on the open market or give others a shot at owning them!

Brulato is wealthy and his collection is only a portion of his net worth. Can't see him letting any of it go...unless he gets an upgrade and even then there's no guarantee, as he has A, B, C & D copies.

Great point. Plus, people don't even talk about the fact that someone like Dave A has some Marvels lying around. Books that he bought, with his eye and buying power, when Silver Age marvels were selling for 1/100th of what they're selling for now.