• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How long is a noob a noob?

189 posts in this topic

Just curious...what does it take for you to think a board member is no longer a newbie? Do you look at post count, length on board, or both - and at what point do you cross over from noob to "normal"?

I was reading some of the other more controversial current threads and noted some things that made me think about this - and I'm bored, so sorry in advance if this is a dumb question. Plus I'm a noob and don't know any better ;)

Pffft. Noob.

With all the tribute I've paid to the infamous beard, I should be a veteran long since.

Sal - Score! I'm in!

szelim - Yeah, I'm a 29 yr old female who collects mostly moderns, so I usually hang out over there.

Gold is where all the eloquent ones hang out. :baiting:

This I believe. Those moderns are downright trashy!

...You have to have had at least three strikes,...been banned twice,..and come back again as a shill four times before you are no longer considered a noob,... hm

Just curious...what does it take for you to think a board member is no longer a newbie?

As long as it takes....., :sumo:

"bewbs preclude newbs"

What about the newbs in need of a manssiere?

i had honestly not given that portion of the hobby much thought, so thanks for bringing it to my attention.

i suspect, but do not know, that necessity of a manssiere has no bearing on one's newbishness. nor should it, by any account

"bewbs preclude newbs"

What about the newbs in need of a manssiere?

i had honestly not given that portion of the hobby much thought, so thanks for bringing it to my attention.

i suspect, but do not know, that necessity of a manssiere has no bearing on one's newbishness. nor should it, by any account

lol

One needs to have been "Flee'd". ;)

This is of course the very best way. Put up some pictures of yourself, and if FLEE-MARQUETTE uses any of them to make a funny, you are NOT a noob

One needs to have been "Flee'd". ;)

This is of course the very best way. Put up some pictures of yourself, and if FLEE-MARQUETTE uses any of them to make a funny, you are NOT a noob

That sounds scary, maybe I want to stay a noob.

Plus when you're a noob you can always say, "oh, I didn't know, I'm a noob" when you do something stupid. Although I suppose when you hit a couple thousand posts, it gets old.

a serious answer...

IMO -

1. Visit and Post on a daily or semi daily basis

2. Start a few threads here and there

3. Buy a few things from other board members (bonus points if you have atleast one for sale thread under your belt, and most importantly have all transactions go smoothly).

4. Be active doing the above things for about.... 5 months

5. Your newbishness disappears at an accelerated rate if people start deferring to you for your comic book knowledge or if you have met members in person.

That being said, I am probably still a Newbie. :insane:

Hmm is there a difference between "Noob" and "Newb"?

Drakeprimeone - I remember we chatted at some point in a thread, I know b/c I admired your Preacher books then ;) Maybe it was the Signature room.

Thanks for your answer, it's the only serious one yet!

Except for bewbs before newbs, that should be set in stone.

Drakeprimeone - I remember we chatted at some point in a thread, I know b/c I admired your Preacher books then ;) Maybe it was the Signature room.

Thanks for your answer, it's the only serious one yet!

Except for bewbs before newbs, that should be set in stone.

Thanks, I like your selection of Moderns in your sig line as well. Wish I had a Walking Dead #1 under my belt.

Oh I forgot to include:

Newbishness automatically extends if you ask:

"What is pressing?"

"Whats the best scanner for comics?"

"I just acquired a comic book collection, whats the best way to sell it?"

"Whats the best software to track my collection?"

I also think your not a noob when you start to refer to people by their real names instead of their screename. Im still a noob but I too like you only linger around the modern comics and modern sales threads :)

At least we are friends :foryou:

I also think your not a noob when you start to refer to people by their real names instead of their screename. Im still a noob but I too like you only linger around the modern comics and modern sales threads :)

At least we are friends :foryou:

Baoky (see, using the real name to make us appear less noob like!) -

Yep, we have each other. We can get each other's backs and talk about how reliable the other is; after all, we did an awesome trade together once :grin:

...You have to have had at least three strikes,...been banned twice,..and come back again as a shill four times before you are no longer considered a noob,... hm
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Yo..that is the funniest shspoon I heard all week... lol